Soooo...uhhmm....Swap Meet?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

dont change dates on account of me, Clayton, seriously, If somethign doesnt pan out, then I'll be there.

Originally posted by Airjockie@Sep 29 2003, 01:33 PM
Date changed to Nov 1....then are ya in?

So yes on the 1st? What was the other date? I missed that...

Originally posted by sisteve@Sep 29 2003, 05:29 PM
Sorry, Cant make it, I am goign to veeeeeeeeeermont for that weekend.

edit: gf>fall foliage>cottage>lake>me :)

yeah she 0wN3z J00! allright....

as for me, it depends on "the ride situation" and if I feel up to coming.....I have kind of talked myself out of any more meets for a while since all of the drama with both CSi and here....the NH run is my last for a while since my heart isn't in it anymore.....

I vote for the New England Tractor Museum across from Kent Falls in Kent / Cornwall.

Just my $0.02

-> Steve

I hear ya, I know everyone has noticed that I have only been to one (1) meet this year, which happened to be at my house. :) It just hasnt been the same for a long time...and its just because I am tired of the scene, its getting dull and over-run by uncle ben :(

Originally posted by Celerity@Sep 29 2003, 03:19 PM
I vote for the New England Tractor Museum across from Kent Falls in Kent / Cornwall.

Just my $0.02

-> Steve

Can you tell us more about this tractor museum? Is there a picnic area available for us to gather at? And they won't get concerned with us gathering in their parking lot for a swap meet and bbq?

This place is an open field setup for large amounts of people. There is a picnic area, stone charcoal grilles and a beautiful, open barn filled with a personal collection of steamrollers and antique tractors. The collection moves, so I'm not sure what's in there. IT's also an open-to-the-public property on all days.

Last weekend was the annual tractor show, it was incredible (and I didn't go :-( )

Nice cruise too. Right on the upper new york line, close to MA and westchester county NY. Right on rt 7

-> Steve

Sounds like a great place. Do you want to go ahead and contact them about it? In the off-chance that Nov.1 conflicts with another group using that area at the same time...

I can do it, but I think it's a better idea that someone else spearhead this project.

So far holding the first P1 meet on the 4th has caused me great headache and about $250 in expenses.

I'll do it, like I said.. Lemme know..

-> Steve

Well this was Airjockie's idea.... so I would think, he'll spearhead this. But as everyone knows, it's alot of work to do it properly, so let's delegate the tasks. So can you at least have that tractor museum phone number handy?

hmmm...tractors???

but if they have a wide ass parking lot where 20-50 cars can pull in and handle the tail-gate sales, and have the aminities like bathrooms and a covered food eating area...then get more info, or we'll cruise up there to check it out. As long as they don't have problems with this car Meet, then lets do it.

The date was set to Nov 1st, since thats when two of our best admin/Moderators can make it, plus I mis-read Yems post and corrected my date accordingly to accomindate him as well. Once this gets set in stone on place, date, time, and food being served.....then we can mass-post this on our other favorite boards...and the shopping/garage cleaning chances will greatly improve. Plus ot is always better to get more cars there....it would still be just a car meet that we can see what has been done to whose car....so everyone can join in on the fun.....

So lets get some more info on the tractor place...and I'll decide if its better or worse than the Cranberry park place....and also if anyone has any other suggestions...this is the time to bring them up.....

Originally posted by Celerity@Sep 29 2003, 03:19 PM

I couldn't find any references to a New England Tractor Museum in Kent, but I found a Connecticut Antique Machinery Association and they are located behind the Sloane-Stanley Museum, so maybe are you thinking of one of these groups instead?

http://www.ctamachinery.com/

Sloane Stanley! Thank you Martine ! That's the place !

-> Steve

Well, since no word from the tractor place....and I don't have the energy to even call them...the park will be cranbury park in Norwalk, CT...Date Nov 1st ...Time 10:00-when ever we want to go grab some beers....there might be an install party at my place if you bought something that needs to be installed right away....for the price of some beers...hehe....it might be cold, but the BBQ might keep us warm if we have a few tarps to keep the wind away.

And let's get some list's up.....

Who's coming?
and whatcha bringing?

so when are we going to install your newly sandblasted parts?

Cranberry park ? Awww dad, do we have to? That place sucks. It costs $5 to get in only to be assaulted by Salsa music and screaming children. It's the 4th circle of hell.

Lemme call these clowns at the tractor museum

-> Steve

I only remember your stories of it. About no dogs too.

I tend to back out of any line that requires my money. I'm such a cheap-ass.

-> Steve

Back