state of the onion

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Well, it doesn't look like he said anything stupid - He introduced Pelosi's first SotU, and he did well there. And then he proceeded to phone in the rest. I don't even think he ended the address with a conventional "Good and god bless america" type of ending - he kinda lobbed that one over too.

I did, however, again amaze my family that I can point out the name and approximate voting habits of everyone in the audience.

I'm actually quite impressed.

I think he did a good job, and didn't say anything stupid for a change.

only took him 7 years, but i think he might be on the right track now.

I think he did a great job too, I was particularly unimpressed with the Dems however, who were douchebags and refused to stand up and applaud even when the rest of the room was. Such sore losers.

yeah, i thought that was very rude too. Even the joint cheifs and the justices rarely clapped or stood up.

When someone applauds, it's a partisan approval of each idea. It's always been that way since the beginning. The Judges CAN'T stand up and approve, unless it's the hero's welcome, the initial introduction, or all-around good news (Which they followed well)

thats more than we're going to get... start saving now.

the should start phasing out SS it was good to get us out of the great depression when all the money was in the government, but now with people living well past retirement age and a smaller ratio between workers and retired persons it does mroe harm than good. It would be nice if the government offered a retirement plan that someone could pay into as they wished.

a 401K is a weak yield investment. The goal of it is guaranteed money over time (ultra-low risk) and it's low maintenance.

i agree.

i only use it because my company matches a certain percent. free money. can't say no to that.

my real investments are elsewhere.

not always. theres a bunch of companies that don't match. my last company didn't.

Back