stock ls crank or b16 crank? need advice

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

b18crxboy

ive got a b18a1 out of a 92 integra im looking to turbo it and i have the stock crank but i also have a b16 crank and i dont know which one to use any advice would help im new to the whole motor swap thing its going into a 91 crx if thats any help

dave

keep the b18a crank in there, the b16 crank will lower how high the top of the cyliner is from the top of the block by alot and drop your compression a ton, so you lose a lot of power by doing that

ok and what about the rods keep the stock ones because i have the b16 also and im trying to decide on weather to put a vtec head on it or keep the ls ive heard good and bad about the vtec swap any advice on that one

Use the LS rods and pistons if your gonna turbo it.Just get some arp rod bolts because the LS ones are weak

If you have the money, go for the VTEC head swap. If you're trying to stay budget, leave the VTEC alone. You'll still have plenty of power potential on boost without VTEC. Leave the stock crank and rods in there too.

Back