Stock Motor Help!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

serrilion

In my own little world!
I have the Stock 1.6 V-Tec motor in my EX. I was wanting to know after readding the forums if anyone has not bosted it and just Left it NA swapping out cams, ect to make it a bit meanner?

Anyone got any advice besides boost it which I will a bit later!

Basicly a nice Set up for NA tune under 3k

Not sure. I have about 3k to start so as much Power as I can get and the stock Trany can hold. So yea basicly 3k worth of engine work, with the Possiablity of a turbo kit later down the road!

Check out that link I posted. Aside from that, you have to decide if you want to go with forced induction or not. And for that you'll need to decide how much power you want. What are you using the car for?

Well For starts thanks much for the link helped alot! How much power u ask? well how much will 3k get me? I have read how about 2k can get me 200- 250HP, but what elts can I do to add maybe a little more with a bit more then 1k? and what im using it for is driving around my state while im home lol... other then that sitting in my storage garage and waiting to be driven lmao!

LOL! I wouldn't be happy with 200 or less LAWL. Figure the stock block is what? 125ish? and right now maybe 130 with the parts I got.. maybe... So idk, I would like 200HP or 250HP as u have claimed this engine can do.. then its a fun care. But thanks for the links and ideas. :)

Trans will come next

lol its all good m8. I know that it don't take alot of HP to make a Honda fast, after all they are light. I just would like to rub that fact that my 1.6 v-tec has as much HP as my dads 5.0 Mustang lmao, and I paye'd 1/2 the price he did! :)

You want to really rub it in his face? Go faster with less power, which you will. :)

At the end of the day, it doesn't matter how much power you have if you can't drive. I can outdrive significantly faster cars. A fast driver will beat a fast car pretty much every time.

LOL sounds like a plan!:D;)

Back