stolen car report...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

reckedracing

TTIWWOP
VIP
so my civic hatch got stolen last year

good guy on hondaswap ran a carfax for me...

got this result...

01/13/2005 New York
Motor Vehicle Dept.
Title issued or updated
Vehicle recovered after theft
Tell us what you know about this vehicle

WHAT THE FUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

no one every contacted or called me

what the FUCK

did the insurance give you money for the car. Once that happens, you no longer have ownership of the car. If police find it, they tell the insurance company.

no, i had no theft coverage on the car...
i got fucked in the ass and lost over 5K on this car...

called DMV, they said, we can;t due dick, the police should have called you... i can't give you any information or even verify the record for you
assholes

so then i call the police...
they apparently are slow as well...
they can;t find the file, and now they need to research the record...

ooh man, i'm freakin out...

Originally posted by civicious@Mar 14 2005, 10:47 AM
Sue someone.
[post=473249]Quoted post[/post]​

yeah same hear. someone is making profit from car dude.

submitted this to DMV:
waiting for a call back from the cops as they need time to research my report...

I have a problem. My 1991 Honda Civic Hatchback was stolen during October 2004.
The vehicle was reported to the DMV and Ellenville Police Department as stolen.
All required forms were filled out and submitted. I just recieved a CARFAX
report stating that the NYS DMV submitted a notice that my vehicle was recovered
from theft on January 13, 2005. I called your call center and the gentleman
told me the police or insurance company should have contacted me and he could
not confirm that the recovery was even reposted to the DMV. I have called the
police department and they have no record of theft recovery. I urgently need to
know where the vehicle was recovered, where it is now, and how I can get my car
back. My insurance company has no claim on this vehicle as it was not covered
for theft and I was not reimbursed by my insurance company for the theft of this
vehicle. I am very very desperate for ANY information you can provide me that
will help me get my car back. I suffered a HUGE financial loss on this vehicle
and would like to get it back. PLEASE HELP ME ASAP. PLEASE.

thanks
eric

sound desperate enough?
i'm sure its just a chassis... but its MY CHASSIS
lol

Originally posted by senate_9427@Mar 14 2005, 08:50 AM
storage fees are gonna own you. jan 13? damn
[post=473279]Quoted post[/post]​

He should be able to contest that since he had no knowledge that the car was recovered. Otherwise that is seriously bullshit.

:werd:

F the storage fees...

why didn't the p0lice call me to let me know they found my car, they had my number on record, i filed a police report...

this is horseshit man...
i'm simply dumb founded by this recent development...
not a day goes by that i don't think about this car...
it wasn;t just some POS hatch, ya know?
it was my baby...

i think i'm gonna cry when i see it smashed/stripped...
but hopefully i can find out where they found it and maybe get some new leads on who stole it...

went to DMV, they couldn't tell me dick, told me i need to talk to albany DMV

called the p0lice back to check with them, they returned my call, said its no longer in the system as a stolen car but don't know who took it out of the system of why, or where the car is... they are talking to albany state police to try and find something out...

just great...

humhh sounds familiar <_< They dont know shit and dont care. There just gonna give you the run around till you give up. My advice is not to gat desperate but to get pissed and not let this case go. It's happened to WAY to many times. :angry:

stick with it

not really sure what a lawyer will accomplish

lawyers = $$$$

its still the first day, waiting for local PD to try and get some info from albany...

Its possible that the car was recovered in another precinct, and reported to no one.

When my car was stolen, it was found in another precinct (Queens). Since they didn't know there was a report out for it, they only notified my insureance company, and then i got a call from my claims agent. However i did get a form in the mail from the precinct that recovered the car. It came like 3 weeks later and said I had all these storeage fees to pay.

But you said there's no claim, so its possible that they didn't notify anyone besides the DMV.

Good luck getting that shit back (even if its just the shell).

the local p0lice told me that when a cop runs the plate # or VIN# their search will return a flagged hit telling the enquiring officer that the car was reported stolen, and giving the officer the contact information for the police department where i filed it stolen...

so whoever found it and reported it recovered should have contacted my local police

whats really baffeling is that now the car's VIN# returns no results for a stolen vehicle... so now as far as the DMV and police are concerned that VIN is free and clear...

something tells me some fucked up shit is going on here...

carfax fucks up a lot of shit too. i wouldn't hold your breath on that being 100% accurate.

hell, dennis bought a truck that was his father's who bought it new or something, and yet, carfax said hes the 3rd owner. impossible.

i would do this.

be polite, never raise your voice.

but call, once a day, every day until someone can help you.

they will get so pissed off from you calling every day that they will do something about it.

yeah i dont trustr them worth a damn. My girl was going to buy a civic and the fax read that it had never been in an accident. its was pretty much clean. Then i took it to a shop and they found out that it had been wrecked...bad. So they painted the whole car. Thats why it was so nice and shiny.
Anyway back to the subject. Pissedoffsol's advice is what i also recommend. Just remember not to let them walk over you. You can only be ''mr. nice guy'' for so long.
good luck man.I've gotten screwed by my dealership and my insurance company. I was nice and polite till i finally to them both to ''shove it,'' and that i will make clear to everyone not to buy a car(dealership) or a policy(insurance) from them.

yea, i understand about carfax being wacked...

and the wreck, it wouldn't be reported by car fax if it wasn't reported to police or insurance companies...

Back