Stress

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by Kcihcaton@Nov 9 2004, 02:24 PM
Then just ditch the school thing and get into the work force. If you have half a brain and a little bit of an education you should be able to get a good job that you enjoy, that puts food on the table, and that has lots of room for growth.
Once you achieve piece and happiness, you realize how little having a huge bank account matters.
[post=414324]Quoted post[/post]​

I wish the world worked that way. My girlfriend's dad was the highest American in his former company Reico until he got laid off after nearly 20 years. Now finding a job thats decent paying for him proved to be terriblely difficult.

Unfortunately that aklgjalk'djgl'akgkl'agjakl'sdjgjkljd piece of paper matters in society and thats why I'm reading what a fucking Persian wrote in the 13th century, translated to a text that i can barely decypher

:fuckyou3: :fuckyou2: persian doobie.

Originally posted by Kcihcaton@Nov 9 2004, 02:24 PM
Then just ditch the school thing and get into the work force. If you have half a brain and a little bit of an education you should be able to get a good job that you enjoy, that puts food on the table, and that has lots of room for growth.
Once you achieve piece and happiness, you realize how little having a huge bank account matters.

the only problem with that is that you become veiwed ans someone with only a high school education. in todays world that wont get you very far. theres just not really a lot of room for advancement or promotion or whatever you wanna call it. you will be stuck doing the same thing and getting paid the same amount.

Originally posted by GSRCRXsi+Nov 9 2004, 02:31 PM-->
Kcihcaton
@Nov 9 2004, 02:24 PM

the only problem with that is that you become veiwed ans someone with only a high school education. in todays world that wont get you very far. theres just not really a lot of room for advancement or promotion or whatever you wanna call it. you will be stuck doing the same thing and getting paid the same amount.
[post=414333]Quoted post[/post]​

Yeah and if the company likes you, they usually put you in one of their programs were you get reinbursed for going to school and furthering your degree. So its now when everythings fresh in my mind or 5 years later.

Originally posted by GSRCRXsi+Nov 9 2004, 02:31 PM-->
Kcihcaton
Then just ditch the school thing and get into the work force.  If you have half a brain and a little bit of an education you should be able to get a good job that you enjoy, that puts food on the table, and that has lots of room for growth.

:werd: there's only so far that you can go

Originally posted by Callidus+Nov 9 2004, 02:36 PM-->
Originally posted by GSRCRXsi@Nov 9 2004, 02:31 PM
Kcihcaton

:werd: there's only so far that you can go
[post=414338]Quoted post[/post]​

Yeah, his 20 years of experience is equal to that of a degree. Except even with the 20years of experience the business takes the kid with a degree fresh out of college because its easier to teach him things and cheaper to pay him.

Originally posted by New2TheCarScene+Nov 9 2004, 02:36 PM-->
Originally posted by GSRCRXsi@Nov 9 2004, 02:31 PM
Kcihcaton
Then just ditch the school thing and get into the work force.  If you have half a brain and a little bit of an education you should be able to get a good job that you enjoy, that puts food on the table, and that has lots of room for growth.

Yeah and if the company likes you, they usually put you in one of their programs were you get reinbursed for going to school and furthering your degree. So its now when everythings fresh in my mind or 5 years later.
[post=414337]Quoted post[/post]​

tkae it from me... i did this exact shit. got fed up with school- got tired of taking classes i didin't give a shit about, and dropped out.

i regret it. i should've just fucking finished it.

now, im a college drop out.

but, i was able to land a pretty good job... but when this one is over- i do have some experience, but i still don't have the degree...

stick it out.

fuck women.

do your own shit.

fuck the world

No, that is not true by any means. You don't need a degree to get a promotion, to move up, or to make more money.
To some people 100,000 a year isn't shit. To some people six digits a year would be amazing. I guess it's just where your priorities lie, or how you're used to living.

Who gives a shit if you viewed as someone with only a high school education? If someone looks down you for how educated you are, what that person thinks shouldn't matter anyhow.

Honestly, if you owned a multibillion dollar corporation, you're going to view someone who's been busting their ass doing what it is your business does for four years as more worthwhile than someone who's been busting their ass learning about a whole lot of stuff that in no way pertains to what it is you do.

I think college is great to persue dreams, but to think that it's absolutely necessary to live, that's narrowminded bullshit.
It may be harder to get into the perfect job, but no harder than it is get a degree.

But then again, what do I know, I don't know what a Persian wrote in the 13th century, so I must not know much about life.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Nov 9 2004, 02:41 PM

tkae it from me... i did this exact shit. got fed up with school- got tired of taking classes i didin't give a shit about, and dropped out.

i regret it. i should've just fucking finished it.

now, im a college drop out.

but, i was able to land a pretty good job... but when this one is over- i do have some experience, but i still don't have the degree...

stick it out.

fuck women.

do your own shit.

fuck the world
[post=414344]Quoted post[/post]​

:werd: :withstupid:

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Nov 9 2004, 02:44 PM
lol you'er fucked.
[post=414350]Quoted post[/post]​

:ph34r: :ph34r:

its going to have a rebuilt engine and a possibly warranty. good god i hope i have good luck with it, but i'm not going to heavily mod it and race it like others. upgrade the struts, some decent tires, and be done with it.

its either going to be a talon tsi/eclipse gsx or the non-dsm option if i can find it a subaru 2.5rs.

i just want to get a car and get it over with, i sold mine a month ago and have been looking for like 5 months, I cant stand driving this fucking 'suv'. gas sucking-high center of gravity-piece of shit. atleasts its 5spd but i hate the way i sit and shift in it.

Some people don't realize how little the difference is between having a degree and not having a degree. I've seen that shit side by side, and it's not that big of a difference.

Yeah, if you have a PhD or something like that. But a BA or BS isnt going to make much of a difference.
A year ago I worked side by side with a friend who had a ba in social science. A year and a half later, I'm making twice as much money and she's still looking for a job where she can apply her education to make as much as I'm making now.
If you get into a good field, stay in it for four years, you'll find yourself in a better sitution than a college graduate. You may not be able to get your masters, but by the time they get theirs to make x amount of money, you'll have the job experience to get you the same amount.

Originally posted by Kcihcaton@Nov 9 2004, 02:53 PM
Some people don't realize how little the difference is between having a degree and not having a degree. I've seen that shit side by side, and it's not that big of a difference.

Yeah, if you have a PhD or something like that. But a BA or BS isnt going to make much of a difference.
A year ago I worked side by side with a friend who had a ba in social science. A year and a half later, I'm making twice as much money and she's still looking for a job where she can apply her education to make as much as I'm making now.
If you get into a good field, stay in it for four years, you'll find yourself in a better sitution than a college graduate. You may not be able to get your masters, but by the time they get theirs to make x amount of money, you'll have the job experience to get you the same amount.
[post=414356]Quoted post[/post]​

I'm not knocking you I'm just saying its tough to do. I know if I had the capital and other means of backing, that I could open up a business right now and turn it into a very wealthy venture. Anyone who knows me knows that *if I had the means* I could do it. Unfortunately no one ever is going to back a 20year old 'kid' especially one without a degree.

What a fucking idiot.

So I'm on my way home for lunch, and I'm thinking to myself, "If my kids were debating whether or not to go to college would I even quesiton it?"
I think I was just trying to disillusion myself because I didn't go to college and I absolutely should have. I'm in a great situation now, but it would have been better had I got to college.

Keep pushing through and it will definitely be worth it afterwards.
Sorry for being a dumbshit.

my uber fast n furious poll got locked! OMFG
im start my own forum website devoted to fast n furious
i will cre8 it from cookies and nylon string!
w0000t11!!!!!11!!!!1!1

There's way too much to read here, so I don't know if anyone even suggested it.

You just need to become friends with a Mr. Daniels, first name Jack. He's a wonderful stress reliever, be it straight up, on the rocks or with a maraschino cherry in it. All your problems get put on hold when you meet with Mr. Daniels. By no means will he solve your problems, but he'll show you that you're taking everything way too seriously, and that you just need to relax and realize that everything will get done in time.

I can vouch for this claim.

Mr. Daniels has time and time and time again shown me how to have a good time, and how to throw my cares into the wind.

Originally posted by dohcvtec_accord@Nov 9 2004, 03:26 PM
There's way too much to read here, so I don't know if anyone even suggested it.

You just need to become friends with a Mr. Daniels, first name Jack. He's a wonderful stress reliever, be it straight up, on the rocks or with a maraschino cherry in it. All your problems get put on hold when you meet with Mr. Daniels. By no means will he solve your problems, but he'll show you that you're taking everything way too seriously, and that you just need to relax and realize that everything will get done in time.
[post=414373]Quoted post[/post]​

I do believe that I could go for being baked at of my skull right now. Mmmmm. Just pass out then. Mmmmmm. Have a few shots too. Mmmmm.

I really should go find a bong and relax before th :D is class, I'd be all giggley and shit.

Back