stroking a gsr

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

rickystickie

how would i go about stroking a gsr using honda parts instead of aftermarket?

I'm looking to do the same but already have eagle gsr rods... can I still use them with an ls crank in the gsr block? which pistons, any b-series?

sorry to sorta half threadjack

You can, but your compression ratio will rise a bit and your pistons might crash into the head unless you use pistons with a higher pin to make up the extra rod length...

also, youre going to run into bearing problems. make sure you get bearings for the GSR NOT the LS

easy to do if you just use an LS crankshaft and LS rods. make sure you use LS rod bearings also. The pistons fit a little different from the LS and GSR, so you will either need to machine the small end of the ls rods, or the rod clearance on the GSR pistons. Also, the piston oil squirters will need to be bent slightly to clear the LS crankshaft counterweights.

- Best of luck!

shit, my bad i thought he was using gsr for some reason :facepalm:

yes LS rod bearings.. good catch ^^

I was the one considering running gsr rods on the ls crank, but the more I think about it the ls probably has more torque not only because of the increase in stroke but the shorter rods too, otherwise the r/s ratio would be halfway between ls-gsr. So I'm guessing the tq gain would only be somewhere in the middle as well. Right?

anyone looking to trade a set of eagle gsrs for a set of eagle ls/b20?

the only problem with running gsr rods with an ls crank is the bearings, i ran into this problem inadvertently.. it sucked

Back