Sube project

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I did the motor swap myself in a day, it took me less then 4hrs to remove the old one, install the new clutch/flywheel, reinstall. It was nice and easy since I had to use a 98 WRX subframe from Japan, I had everything pretty much ready minus the tranny.

The altezza's are out, this is the first time they saw daylight. I gave my stockers to a friend, they were suppossed to be black altezza's, but they came chrome :( I just got a set of stockers from another friend, he wants these ugly ass lights....

I own 5 now
sube
accord
matrix
specv
yaris

I hate the way the car looks right now but i dont want to paint it until i have it running right and then do the modifications that i want to do. 20G turbo, FMIC, STI Injectors, tuning!!!

Big ass turbo for that small motor. It should make good numbers but spool up time is going to be ridiculous, but then again you do enjoy Honda's so maybe you won't mind the lack of bottom end.

Also if you're going that deep into this project, do yourself a favor and rotate the intake manifold and turbo, while making your own custom intercooler setup that is direct route piping, so you take off some of the lag time associated with a FMIC.

I know about the rotated IM, I've seen a couple. A lot of Subaru shop dont do it, just not sure why....Do you know if it will just turn around and bolt up or is there some modification???

They claim full spool at 3600 with the 20G. I MAY go with the 18G for the best of both worlds kinda deal...

I know about the rotated IM, I've seen a couple. A lot of Subaru shop dont do it, just not sure why....Do you know if it will just turn around and bolt up or is there some modification???

They claim full spool at 3600 with the 20G. I MAY go with the 18G for the best of both worlds kinda deal...

A FP Green 18/20G is a turbo that people who are tracking the car use.

I would do a Super 16g thats been port, polished, and coated. The compressor wheel is the same size as the 18g IIRC.

I just wouldn't do something huge in the 2.0L engine. Hell with a port, polished and coated td04 and a bunch of other mods I wish my boost hit sooner.

Since you have some experience tuning and I gave you the link to the enginuity software you may be able to tune way better than what the people using Cobb are tuning to - you can tune more aggressive and know exactly whats going on.

The FMIC adds lag because of the added piping and being a Subaru you already have the uppipe to deal with, unlike in a Mitsu.

For the rotated IM some small modifications need to be done, but you seem inclined enough that you could pull it off. I've never done one myself.

Search
ScoobyMods.com for tutorials and write ups

The only issue with the Green is its pretty pricey, I can get a deal on the Mitsu turbos. Thanks for the info :)

The only issue with the Green is its pretty pricey, I can get a deal on the Mitsu turbos. Thanks for the info :)

If you can get a deal on the Mitsu, maybe a 16g or 18g that you port and polish yourself with a larger compressor wheel. For example the 16g with a 18g compressor wheel or 18g with a 20g compressor wheel.

How are you going to pass the Pensylvania OBDII test??

Why wouldn't he?

If he has a WRX engine in he has a WRX ECU in which is newer than the 2.5RS's ECU.

So long as he's showing no CELs for the uppipe or downpipe, which there are multiple CEL fixes for both mechanical and electronic, then he'll pass inspection.

Only question is if his ECU is JDM as opposed to USDM.

only parts of pa have that, not my part though :) AND I have a hook-up anyway....

Finally got some word back on this project. The car is now wired up!! :D They just need to fix a couple lil things and Ill be driving it home soon. Prolly around Thanksgiving time.

Back