Such a thing as too many bj's?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Wolf Spiders are scarier than they are dangeous. They don't spin webs, they are live eaters. When they run across the floor they make a slight clicking sound. They chase noise, and jump. They bite, but it's not horrible. It's just fuckin scary because when they bite you they latch on and their legs are stronger than they should be.

I've been bitten by one when I was awake (I was fucking with it) and a few when I was asleep (About .5 inch fang spread) With legs they are anywhere between 3 inches as babies and 8 inches or so after about 2 years. I've seen one feeding on the back of a live mouse.

spiders and centipedes have a symbiotic relationship i think. most spider infested places are also centipede infested. kinda like ants and aphids. :shrug2:

ps i am *never* going to your house, cel. holy crap.

I went directly from college and walked into a job that starts me at $50k with a raise after six months and the promise of a promotion within 6-12months.

i went directly from a college drop out to tech school :D. in 2000. finished tech school in mid summer 2002. after tech school, i got my first real job via my paid internship -> full time at $40k.
1.5-2 years later i got a raise to $45k and moved from networking to developing.
2 years after that, I put it in my two weeks, and they offered me 20k on the spot to stay. This was just after the sti got destroyed and i had pretty much had it with that place... no safe place to park. so, i turned it down and moved on to my new place, at 70k.
i'm due for my 2 year this month, and i'm pretty much going to demand a 7k raise or i'll be leaving again for something else. I never got a 6 month or 1 year or 18 month, nor even a cost of living. so yeah, 10% is much more than the std 3%. but that's 3% for 2 years, plus a 1% interest charge for back pay i should have gotten :)

A recruiter just contacted me today from linked in saying he's got a job for me in my niche.

so, by july, i'll be making 77k either at my current place or more somewhere else.
i'm in a good situation. we can't find anyone to hire worth a damn (been interviewing for nearly 6 months now). replacing me would be near impossible and we're already so over-worked. So i'm in a good spot to say pay me if you want to keep me :)

add in my sidework and freelancing stuff, and i made 96k last year.

i'm looking to break 100k for fiscal 2008 one way or another.

Brian has been in his line of work for quite awhile and has 6years on me - I would hope in that time he could be up in the six figure range, as I hope to be touching those numbers within 3years.

I also don't have a degree.... and i basically changed departments after a couple years. networking has next to nothing to do with programming. it's pretty much going to medical school to be a brain doctor, then one day switching to open heart surgery. So, i really only have 3 years on you if you want to get technical :D

this was 6 years ago now too.... 50k today is 6 years ago's 40k if you think about it.

You have spiders like that in Connecticut?

you should see the shit that lived on my deck at the condo.:ph34r:

Just my .02 to answer the original post. No there's no such thing as too many bj's. Though I think one would lose count trying to get to 14,000 so my deal would be, just give me a bj whenever I want and you can have whatever u want. That's what i'd tell her. To address the issue about that being too much for a ring, If you're making the money to afford the things you want then do what makes you happy. People are always telling me I buy too much shit or spend too much money. My response, money is not an issue.

I got a better plan. Find a girl who wouldn't mind an engagement car....lol good investment while still justifying spending that small fortune.

spiders and centipedes have a symbiotic relationship i think. most spider infested places are also centipede infested. kinda like ants and aphids. :shrug2:

ps i am *never* going to your house, cel. holy crap.
Ohh SURE they televise it and suddenly everyone loves the Addams family. But if it's in person, everyone freaks out because I have running tesla coils in my living room.

I see, I see...

This guy must have been a dipshit. Instead of telling the stupid neighbor he should have gone out to the tool shed, caught one spider every day, planted it in the kitchen, waited an hour, killed said spider, then collected his prize. Seems easy enough to me:confused:...
Yup, I'm clever like that as well.

+1 for Celerity

btw, B, here's a problem I see farely often with the board:

"Vote Now" instead of "Save"

I got a better plan. Find a girl who wouldn't mind an engagement car....lol good investment while still justifying spending that small fortune.

Are you calling a car a "good investment"???!?!? Have you never bought a new car?

I also don't have a degree.... and i basically changed departments after a couple years. networking has next to nothing to do with programming. it's pretty much going to medical school to be a brain doctor, then one day switching to open heart surgery. So, i really only have 3 years on you if you want to get technical :D

this was 6 years ago now too.... 50k today is 6 years ago's 40k if you think about it.

I thought you were upwards of $110k already. The site is making you a pretty penny and you've been successful and done well for yourself.

With all that said, in terms of personal goals - I want to break $100k within 3 years. I should be set up to be making around $75k+ next year.

you're on a Mac... what did you expect, it to work?

try right clicking on it.

oh wait, you can't.
:D

i haven't seen that yet.

anyone else?

It happens every so often. Even on my work machine.

FYI, most Mac users have two buttons now.

Back