Such a thing as too many bj's?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Glad to see I'm not the only one who is tired of Apple's trendy bullshit.

Ohh SURE they televise it and suddenly everyone loves the Addams family. But if it's in person, everyone freaks out because I have running tesla coils in my living room.

I see, I see...

In your living room? Your TV must hate you.

Last time I saw a TC fired up in that situation, shag carpet stood on end.

Outside, Cel... OUTSIDE. Beats the hell out of a "No Tresspassing" sign.

IMO, rings are so stupid.

If done correctly and with some sort of taste, they can look nice. R8D's ring of choice is elegant in its simplicity. In contrast, my boss bought his lady $15,000 worth of gold and diamonds (8ct!!!!!!!!!!!!). Beautiful, but damn... way too much!

Of course we're guys... we don't "do rings" the way females do. But even with the ring we receive on the big day, some style can be injected.

Glad to see I'm not the only one who is tired of Apple's trendy bullshit.

Yeah, I'm with you on that one.

I'm a hardcore Mac user. My last computer was a Mac, my current computer(s) is(are) Mac(s), and my next computer will be a Mac. But srsly. Thank god they got the idea with the single button mouse, that shit was getting old. Ask any advanced Mac user what the first thing they do is. I'll bet they say that they change the mouse settings, and put a different (better) mouse on. Then the keyboard.

I'm tired of the bullshit. Apple hasn't even sold a computer with a single button mouse (I'm talking mouse here, not trackpad) in over a year and a half.

I do still love my MacBook Pro, and I'll buy another one if someone steals this one.

Just to poke the dead horse again, I use an Apple mouse at work. On my Dell Workstation. Yes, I'm sacrareligious.

In your living room? Your TV must hate you.

Last time I saw a TC fired up in that situation, shag carpet stood on end.

Outside, Cel... OUTSIDE. Beats the hell out of a "No Tresspassing" sign.
You sure you're not thinking of a Van der Graff generator ?

Yeah, my TV doesn't like it, it starts to flicker the tube when the TV is off. My tesla coil here is about 30 or inches high, but I'll be incorporating the primary into a stand, and locating the transformer and caps to the base, so it will stand like a column.

The huge Tesla coil is at my dad's house. That doesn't come in the house, it's too large. The transformer is a pole pig.

You sure you're not thinking of a Van der Graff generator ?

Wasn't a vandegraff. I'd have touched it while it was on and giggled at my hair if it were that.

Yeah, my TV doesn't like it, it starts to flicker the tube when the TV is off. My tesla coil here is about 30 or inches high, but I'll be incorporating the primary into a stand, and locating the transformer and caps to the base, so it will stand like a column.

I'm sure there are very few electronic devices that respond well outside sources of high frequency voltage.

The huge Tesla coil is at my dad's house. That doesn't come in the house, it's too large. The transformer is a pole pig.

Ah, that's the burglary prevention device.

My toys were always magnetrons. I wanted to build and fire an energy weapon :)

Of the many things I learned, I realize that off-the-shelf UPS circuitry powers a HV magnetron about as well as it powers a laser printer. So whereas it worked *theoretically*, it's practical application needed refining.

Oh my god! Mac has a 2 button mouse. Welcome to the 80's! lol I don't eve know how many button moust i have....like 12? I use most of them too lol.

Bye bye dinosaur
Helllloooooooooo dollie.

Oh my god! Mac has a 2 button mouse. Welcome to the 80's! lol I don't eve know how many button moust i have....like 12? I use most of them too lol.

Bye bye dinosaur
Helllloooooooooo dollie.

A mouse should have no less than three buttons.

My new iMouse has no buttons. It's implanted in my brain along with the latest trendy songs from the Strokes or some other mindless pop drivel. I would trade my family for any Apple product!

Dang my wife is the bomb, I tried to buy her a big ring and she flat out refused it. The one she picked out was $750.

I still haven't bought Katie a proper engagement ring, and we've been married for over a year and already have a trophy. I'll get her the nice platinum / titanium / diamond solitaire ring later when I can really afford it. ;) I like the idea of a fake too.

I thought 3 months salary was the standard formula ?

Nah. Just for DeBeer's accountants. Screw the 3 month thing. That would cost more than a car for me.

add in my sidework and freelancing stuff, and i made 96k last year.

Damn B, I thought you made more than that! Makes me feel better. :D :D :D

Yeah, the mouse button and the power button. Oh and hooray for the eject button !

I thought they got rid of the eject button for most Macs now?

Macs should come with an "eject entire computer out of 12th story window" button

Back