Suggestions needed

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

primed16

Alright guys been around the boosted honda deal for a while..have actually owned a couple..but its time to stop with the stock bottom ends and upgrade and im in need of suggestions..setup is

d16z6
vitara 75mm 8:5:1 low compression pistons
Eagle rods with arp2000 rod bolts
arp head studs
stock sleves
no blockguard
stock head
and cometic headgasket
with dsm 450's
tubular mani with t3/t4 turbo and 35mm tial wastegate with an 8psi spring

I will be tuning with crome just looking to have a fun little daily driver..
im looking for suggestions on what should be done for the install of the pistons and rods such as notching the block..if the work becomes to much i will have it taken to a machine shop and if anyone knows an estimate for around how much a build like this would cost at a good machine shop..also looking to find out how good this combo really is?? relibility and horsepower wise??? any help would be great thanks

okay - first of all - I have pretty much the same set up as you - except we have different turbo. For the internals, all you have to do is notch the block. I have posted this website before, but will post again and hopefully it will help you. It shows you how to notch your block and build your D16. I really only used it to learn how to notch the block the rest of the stuff I just read because it was interesting...Hope it helps!! The Old One - Energy Dynamics : Articles

As far as the pricing goes to have it done at a shop - it all depends on your area. Round my parts of the country, I know a good shop that told me 200.00. but like Is aid it all depends, call a few shops around you, get to know the guys working there, and ask around. It doesnt hurt to make friends with as many shops as your can...It will be beneficial in the long run! My set is daily driven as well. Its actually very reliable as long as you get a VERY GOOD TUNE!!! thats the most important part. Also - I looked at your parts list, you may have just forgotten to add these or you may not have them at all..im not sure...but I would invest in a Walbro Fuel pump, boost controller, Turbo timer, and Boost guage. like I said, you may have these and just forgot to write them up..either way - your set up sounds like its off to a good start!! you'll love it once its finnished! Lots of turbo lag with that t3/t4 I personally have a T25 - not spitting out 350+hp - but that thing gets power almost instantly. I love it!

Hey man thanks for all the info..and yea i did leave all those parts out on the bottom...i have so many parts for that car it isnt even funny, but like you said I will check around and see what kind of prices I can come up with...just curious do you have any pics of your setup..or numbers you are producing..also what management are you running ??

No problem bro - and I was just asked this question on another thread. No I don't have any pics of my setup yet!! havent bought a digital camera. Im running 251HP on my set up it is tuned with the HondataS100. I was going to get the S200 but a friend of mine gave me the S100 for free so I figured what the hell cant beat that. Hope everything goes well with the build

yea man get some pics up of that thing..would love to take a look at it..thanks man if I have anymore questions I will let you know

You should take the block to the machine shop first.That will let you know about the piston size,since they may have to hone or bore the block a certian amount depending on condition which can throw off the piston to wall clearance/ring gaps if you just go out and buy the 75mm pistons without measuring First.They will recomend what you need to do.

They just released 75.5mm vitaras for ppl who need cylinder work but without taking to0 much off the cylinders as apposed to boring it out to 76mm,which makes our thin sleeves even thiner.

Last edited:
Back