1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

suspension setup

Discussion in 'Wheels / Suspension / Tires / Brakes' started by BostonCX614, Dec 27, 2002.

1. BostonCX614

BostonCX614 Member

I would like some advice for my civic.. I have 93 cx hatchback and I want to improve the handling. Right now i am thinking of getting KYB agx shocks with neuspeed or eibach springs...after i get my suspension i am going to put on 15" wheels(right now i am on stock 13") I use my hatch to commute to work(in Boston where potholes eat cars alive) but i would like to try doing autocross at some point. So here is my question:should i go with 1.5"drop sport level spring or something with more drop like a race spring? My concern is having the tire rub a lot and the car bottoming out on every bump if i go with a race spring. I don't care if the ride is harsh..I just want optimum handling. thanx guys :worthy:

2. B16

B16 Super Moderator VIP

what is your budget?

3. BostonCX614

BostonCX614 Member

not really sure. Whatever gets the job done right. I was trying to avoid coilovers just because of the price.. but if thats what i need then thats what i'll get. I figure $1000 will get me springs, shocks, camber correction and maybe strut/sway bars.

4. E_SolSi

E_SolSi Member of the 20 nut club Moderator VIP

5. sportlinecrx

sportlinecrx Banned

i thought coilovers were alot more expensive than just sprgins, but if you check out some prices, you'll see that they are only like another $100+ or so (for the set). if u just want to go springs, i would suggest getting eibach sportlines. they are good quality and give about a 1.75-2.25" drop...just low enough so you are not scraping ALL the time..just some of the time. the ride is excellent too. not bouncy, and not harsh. if i could go back in time, i would have gotten coilovers though just cause i hate having to crawl up and down every drivewway and speedbump.

6. E_SolSi

another option to Eibachs are Suspension Techniques... they are the same springs .... my friend has bought both and we compared them... they are the exact same but they are about $50 less

7. B16

B16 Super Moderator VIP

i say the tein type ss coil overs for $900 from jason at alljdm.com thats what i'm using, and i love them.

8. pissedoffsol

pissedoffsol RETIRED

figure, 300 for springs, 500 for shocks...
    900 is not a bad deal for the real thing

or you can be like me and have to sell a kidney for some JIC's flt-a2's :)

9. BostonCX614

BostonCX614 Member

yeah sounds like i should just go right to some coilovers. what is a good camber correction kit that will match with some teins? thanx for the adice guys.

10. E_SolSi

camber correction is not needed unless you drop more than 2 inches and for your street conditions i wouldnt suggest it so you most likely wont need a camber kit

11. wildbillhatchbac

wildbillhatchbac the OG VIP

i'm runnin the TEIN HA kit, which i absolutely love. I'm dropped almost as far as possible . . which isn't really that low. my camber is at -1.2 in the front and -.8 in the rear. this is a good setting for great handling and i am not using a camber kit.

my suspension

pic of my car dropped as low as she goes

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted