Talk me out of buying...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Bob Vila

ɐןıʌ qoq
Admin
VIP
An s2000. I found a mint '02 with 40k on the odometer for a steal. I already have my winter beater lined up so thats not an issue. My insurance stays the same from my jeep and my payments would increase by $50 bucks. The money aspect isn't an issue...

What do you guys think? Pro's / Con's?

:ph34r:

s2000's suck.

great cars to toy around in, but i would hate life if i had to drive one daily.

you're my size steve, so thats def something to consider... i was VERY uncomfortable driving it. i would hate to drive it everyday.

2-3 hours on a weekend blast, sure.

to work? in a dress shirt? hell no.

i was very comfortable in an s2k. :)

note that everyone in this thread except for eric is very local lol... and we all know each other.

Originally posted by pheonixb16aguy@Apr 1 2005, 12:23 PM
this guys ganna be running a honda 2000 :lol:
[post=481357]Quoted post[/post]​

lol

Originally posted by B16@Apr 1 2005, 01:54 PM
buy an STi!!

[post=481407]Quoted post[/post]​

:owned:

I would post up the cat owned pic for Chris, but I am too lazy to search for it.

Originally posted by B16@Apr 1 2005, 12:54 PM
buy an STi!!

[post=481407]Quoted post[/post]​

Mike you are supporting a Subaru when you have an Evo thats pretty weird yo.
I would go for it if its a steal but then again I agree with B they are small.

Steve, I know you are into wood working and fixing shit, with the bmw and the s2000 are you going to be able to move all that shit around? I would go with the Frontier you were telling me about.

lol, do we need a banned by B16 emoticon?

Anyways, Steve, what would you drive the S2K for? AutoX events only?

<--- owns an s2000 and loves it. i would pull the trigger on it steve. handling is amazing and its plenty comfortable. I drive mine everyday for know, but within a year it will be garage only. how much is the sticker on it? and what color? private seller or dealer?

Pills, there are two that I am interested in, I haven't had the chance to drive either of them as of yet (its raining like piss out here) both have approximately the same amount of miles, same year, one is Spa Yellow, and the other is Silver.

Have you taken your on long road trips? Like 6+ hours?

Btw. Both are retailing from two local acura dealers for 19k

My brother just test drove one. Loved it to death, but he's a small guy. His buddy, like 250 6'5" hated it to death, couldn't turn around in it or anything, felt uncomfortable, so it really depends on how big you are.

I haven't ever driven one, but have rode in a couple, and it was definetly worth its weight in salt.

I sat in one recently while my car was getting worked on for two hours, and I was soooo comfortable. I loved it.

If you are over 6 foot or so good luck fitting in the thing. I'm 6'6 and could barely shift.

Back