Team 1320's All Motor ITB K20/K24 Eg Project

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Still looking good buddy, did I see on another site that you were going to be at Eibach this weekend??? I will be there so I will try to look for your crew and introduce myself.

yea, i plan on going to the nwp meet so come up and say hello. i'll be wearing a team 1320 shirt or you can look for the tattoo on my left arm.

I love that phrase. "This is some straight man jewelry". gotta sig that!

you guys do such amazing work. i hope someday to have a car as nice and as fast as yours. major :thumbsup: and rep.

thanks guys. well i got the tranny back from john (regamaster) and the dang the gears feel like butter, looks great to. i'll have the specs and all the processes that were done to it soon.

now the only problem is earlier this week i hurt my self at work and i am on 4 types of drugs due to my lower back pain and left leg. so i don't know how this is gonna affect the build just yet. =( i was planning to drop the motor in this weekend but that's not gonna happen now, cause i have been laid out trying to keep the pain to a minimum. so we have to wait and see what happens, i really wanted to make cmi in march.

If you fly me down there I'll put everything back in :)

Catch is, you have to let me sit on the floor when you drive it, lol.

Haha im just kiddin man, but really an awesome and inspiring build.

so here is what got done to my tranny

-4.78 fd
-Qauife lsd
-New 2nd gear, seals and misc other parts

And here is the process John (regamaster) did for me

- Cryogenic Process

- Process: Deep Freeze process that removes localized stress, alters and stabilizes molecular structure

-Result: Dimensional and core stability increasing rear and fracture resistance.

-Thermal Stabilization treatment

- Process: Heattreat draw to reduce stress

- Result: More Resistance to surface fractures

-Shot Peen

-Process: Action that converts tensile stress (bad Stress) into compressive stress (good stress)

-Result: Higher Load capacity

-Surface enhancement

-Process: High Engery, extreme uniform finishing process that microscopically blends peaks and valleys of surface finishes.

(unlike other surfaceenhancements processes this mtheod does not alter gear involute form, resulting in uncompromised integrity.)

-Result: Reduced Surface friction

Just oh my GOD man I just read the whole last few pages and I don't even know what to say. Just absolutely amazing this shit is great gonna be an AM monster! What numbers you lookin to put down after the build is complete? You can pm the numbers to me I'm just a 17 year old highschooler don't gotta worry bout the competition ;).

Holy cow. After sitting here for God knows how long and reading this thread...wow...amazing my friend, simply A-MA-ZING! I deeply commend you for your dedication to detail and build.

I'm sure your sponsors have helped you out a lot, but how much have you put out pocket into this?

Also, that beautiful transmission build...how much did that run?

Truly amazing and inspiring overall. I really do wish you the best. Rep point for you.

Registered just so I could reply...

I love this build.. very inspiring.

Hope everything turns out in the best way possible.

now to just get the rag to dry off my keyboard.
should have put on a bib before i started reading this.

Holy cow. After sitting here for God knows how long and reading this thread...wow...amazing my friend, simply A-MA-ZING! I deeply commend you for your dedication to detail and build.

I'm sure your sponsors have helped you out a lot, but how much have you put out pocket into this?

Also, that beautiful transmission build...how much did that run?

Truly amazing and inspiring overall. I really do wish you the best. Rep point for you.

thanks for the kind words.. sponsors have helped me with parts and i'm proud to have them. even at my cost this build is taking me to the dry cleaners, but i hope it's worth it in the end...if you want info on the tranny budget/bill pm for details...

Registered just so I could reply...

I love this build.. very inspiring.

Hope everything turns out in the best way possible.

now to just get the rag to dry off my keyboard.
should have put on a bib before i started reading this.

LOL at your ending sentence... thanks man im glad your enjoying the build.. here is and update of what im waiting on now.. since i had'nt been on in awhile.

im waiting on my custom go-pwr motorsports header with a reverse megaphone made for the specs of this particular motor... i cant wait to see it done... i will have pictures of it being made. (i hope)

i also need new axles and bigger injectors. i dont plan to use the 550cc's any more..

Does anybody remeber the guy from awhile ago who said he had a K20 EG and posted a pic, it was this guys car that he posted the pic of.

I forget the exact post, but if you google K20 EG one of the pics you have comes up and it was the pic the kid said was his car.

Back