Teg vs Civic

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Prowler

Super Moderator
Ok, my car is going to sell one of these days. Now I'm in the debate of either getting a 4dr Integra or a 4dr Civic. A 4dr GSR is going to be nearly impossible to find in town, and I can't really drive a day to get a car in Denver or SLC.
So what are the plus and con's of each? 94-99 Integra and 96-99 Civic is about my price range. I don't want to get a loan for a car over $10K.
As I see it, the Integra is better in every way. Better looking, B block, faster, etc. But why does everyone have a Civic then, if they're similiar in price?

cuz the civic can never lose!! :ph34r:

4-door gsr tegs are rare everywhere...

10k, 4 doors... i'd be looking at a 2.5RS if i were you

I'd love a four door teg and they are very rare here in Dallas as well.

But I have a 98 civic sedan and I love it. Of course the D-block is no B-block, but as far as looks are concerned I like the four door better than the coupe. Maybe I just love my car and would say the same about a coupe if I owned one. :p

The sedan is roomy and the EX with all the shit is very enjoyable on a daily basis.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Jan 27 2004, 10:48 AM
10k, 4 doors... i'd be looking at a 2.5RS if i were you

KBB says 12,750 to 13,400 :(
and Montana dealerships are ghey. they think selling at a low price is going blue book.

My personal opinion why people get civic's is because they are a cool car that doesnt cost too much. Their are so many different styles and motors to choose from. Integra's are stuck with the B blocks and sometimes a H motor. I believe more people would buy integras if they were as cheap and as common as civics. Around where I live, Integras are not rare to see driving, but rare to see a low priced one or even a GSR itself. I see them all day driving, but when I was in the market to buy a car, the only ones I saw were overpriced. Civics are easier to come by and way cheaper.

Just my opinion.

I'd say get a 4DR Teg, but B raised an interesting point about the 2.5RS. Yeah, they can be pricey, but I think you can do better than that KBB value.

Well, civics are much cheeper, and for the price of a cheep civic $4K and a motor swap of your choice $4K (max) you can pretty much have what you want.

i already know b18a>d16z6. thank you very much.
i'm just asking what each car has for advantages.
and a stupid question: do the tegs have 4 disc brakes?

Originally posted by Prowler@Jan 27 2004, 11:11 PM

uhh, gsrs have b18c1's dude...

the teg offers a better interior less road noise, and a slightly better ride over the civic, and will out perform it as well.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol+Jan 28 2004, 12:26 AM-->
@Jan 27 2004, 11:11 PM

uhh, gsrs have b18c1's dude...

the teg offers a better interior less road noise, and a slightly better ride over the civic, and will out perform it as well.

That's why The Integra is part of the "luxury division." It's a heavier car because it's more luxurious than any Civic which was meant to be cheap grocery getter with mild performance in the Si models.

4 door GSR are all over here in cali.......alllllll over, im having trouble finding a 2 door GSR

Originally posted by Slammed89Integra@Jan 27 2004, 11:31 PM
:eek:t: But Hey May I ask Why are you getting rid of the stang?

Parents, college, etc....
Parents have their name and my name on the title, so that means control.
Bad car to have where it snows a lot. MT and ID snows a lot.
Insurance, gas mileage, car mileage, rwd in snow, 2 person seating capacity, i can go on and on. it would be a perfect weekend car, but when i start school in the summer, i need to get something more practical.
gabe made a vinyl sticker FOR SALE sign, so that's on my car now. and i put my car on autotrader tonight, so hopefully it'll sell sometime. i don't expect right away, probably once the snow melts and i put it in local ads.

Although I want a Z28 or a GT pretty badly right now, Prowler you just named all the reasons I bought a Civic over a rwd V8 coupe. My only complaint with the Civic is it's a coupe and not a 4 door.

Good luck finding a Teg, I was actually lookin for a GSR when I got the Si. Go figure. :lol:

2.5RS...... AWD OWNS!!!!!!!

www.cars.com

just search around you will find some in your price range

if I was you I would not buy anything other then an AWD car

Back