Tein SS or FLEX

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by asmallsol@Jul 16 2003, 01:08 PM
What the helper springs do is when you dip your tires, hit a big bump what ever and your body goes up but your wheels stays down low, the little helper spring pushes on main spring to keep it in place. With out this, the spring could rotate or not seat properly when the car returns to equalibrium

ya, i understand that... with the pillow upper mounts though, there is like no way the spring could not re-seat correctly.

which is why i would rather get the FLEX's so I don't have to worry about it re-seating. Another quick question, supposing I got the SS's, would it be recommendable to get a camber kit or might as well just get the optional pillow mounts? To be honest, I didn't even know that you can get the pillow mounts for the SS's... I guess you learn something new everyday

the pillowmounts will probably work on any shock/spring for your civic, they're not really specific to the damper you use. i think i would get camber kit instead of pillow mounts.

ive got the ss's

thumbs up from me. i used stock mounts, but you can get the pillowball mounts for them.

i didnt get a camber kit, and my alignment is still within spec. i lowered to teins specifications.

b16- i don't know why you have a problem with being low.

I have mine about half way down, and im tucking 15's

Ok, now I'm thinking towards the SS's becuase the FLEX's are a little more then I want it. I'm going to paint the car next week and build motor and a little tight on money as of right now. How much more are HA's as opposed to SS's? I went to tein.com and it said that the HA's are still in developement...

okay, I went on a friend's friend's website (http://www.jaydm.com) and they offer HA's. I noticed that the SS's spring rates are 8 and 4, while the HA's are 10 and 7 if I'm not mistaken and now I'm leaning towards the HA's now. hehe I'm so indecisive! I just want the right suspension on my ride, tha's all... I want the HA's because of the stiffer spring rates. Brian, did'nt you say you had the HA's, how's the ride?

B16 - let me know once again once you put your car out on the track, thanx for the response guys, much appreciated, keep the posts coming...!

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Jul 16 2003, 09:43 PM

wtf???? are you serious?? weird, i'll have to take some pics to show you. i swear mine are like almost rock bottom and i have maybe 1-1.5 finger width from tire to fender.
EDIT:
i'm on 15's as well
EDIT pt2:
which HA's do you have? mine are for an integra type r... maybe thats why?

My FLEX are 9kg/mm front (504lb/in) and 6kg/mm rear (336lb/in). I'll let you know how they feel when I finally drive the car- hopefully next week.

Originally posted by Calesta@Jul 17 2003, 03:53 AM
My FLEX are 9kg/mm front (504lb/in) and 6kg/mm rear (336lb/in). I'll let you know how they feel when I finally drive the car- hopefully next week.

your car will be done next week? sweet! I want to see it drive. Gimme a call or something once it's done, we'll go have that drink now that I'm legal :)

I just bought some Tein SS for mine and I'll get them next week... I can't wait :p

Badass. It's good to hear from you again Oliver. Give me a call ASAP, because I lost your damn number when my other phone went up in smoke a while back.

:(

Originally posted by B16+Jul 17 2003, 02:30 AM-->
pissedoffsol
@Jul 16 2003, 09:43 PM

wtf???? are you serious?? weird, i'll have to take some pics to show you. i swear mine are like almost rock bottom and i have maybe 1-1.5 finger width from tire to fender.
EDIT:
i'm on 15's as well
EDIT pt2:
which HA's do you have? mine are for an integra type r... maybe thats why?

he has the ITR HA's with pillow ball mounts.

I have about an inch left in my rear and I still have about 2.5 finger wheel gap.

Maybe it is the pillowball mounts.

this is me.... about half way down.....

s3e8b154faa5bc.jpg

mine are ITR as well...
all ha's are. they never made them for usdm control arms, and sir2 arms no one seems to use for some reason....

well got back from my weekend in Reno at the new Reno/Fernly track. Let me say, damn it was hot! i think they said it got up to 103 out there, in the middle of the desert :D I had a lot of fun driving the del sol on the course. I wish my ITR rear sway bar would have arrived earlier, i could tell it would have helped. The HA's held their own very well, little better than the SS's but pretty similar. I had the front set at 2nd from stiffest, and the rear at 3rd from stiffest. I did have a slight rubbing problem on the rear tires, but i need to roll my fenders, or could be the offset on my chepo 15's i'm on. but i did have some rubbing. overall i'm very pleased with the HA's, but the daily driving on them is a little more uncomfortable on the streets than the SS's and ride almost the same on the track. my real problem that day was almost over heating, and power. damn that car felt slow :( it was afterall 4500ft above sea level, but i need to build this thing up. :) i did get some incar footage on the track, and my buddy did some also, following me. i'll post them up once i get a chance to capture it off his camcorder.

Thanx b16 for your post! Please post the video as soon as you can, I know everybody would like to see it! I will find out by this week about the suspension. My friend is kinda lagging on the prices, but it's all good. I might end up getting the SS's depending on how much I can get the HA's for, I'll keep you guys updated...

yes, whichever one you choose you'll be happy. if you're doing more daily driving and some comfort is something you want, go SS.

here are some pics from this weekend for your viewing pleasure
s3f1c69b41299f.jpg

EDIT:
that is my buddy in the blue WRX, as you can see, he has more power than me... grrrr... need to build that motor some more :p

< wants to go to gingerman race way but is only 17 :) Rules blow

Back