1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tell me whats wrong here.. Links inside

Discussion in 'Forced Induction' started by 98civicproject, Apr 4, 2008.

1. 98civicproject

98civicproject New Member

sup guys, im researching the prices for the turbo im putting on my gsr motor. so far im going with a garrett gt3076r. here are 2 links i found on that turbo, note the difference in pricing.

AdvancedJDMParts.com - Performance Parts and Accessories - GT3076R BALL BEARING TURBO CHARGER WITH T25 EXHAUST HOUSING

EXTREME PSI : Your #1 Source for In Stock Performance Parts - Garrett GT3076R Turbocharger : 310-525 HP

why is there a 1,000.00 difference here. would it be safe to buy a 1,400.00 turbo that is marked at 400.00?. the are both the same turbo with minor turbine and compressor changes. check out the links, give me some advice. i dont want ripped off

2. Luis998

Luis998 Honda Enthusiast

They are two different turbos to me. One is a 52 trim and the other a 56. Wow...yes, there are more differences than that. Take a look again closely. Even their power ratting is different.

3. AHHVTEC

AHHVTEC Well-Known Member VIP

because one is a super great garrett, and the other is junk that is glued together

4. Luis998

Luis998 Honda Enthusiast

Booyah! I knew there was a huge difference between them. haha

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted