Testing A Sitting Motor

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Buy it. If it sucks, part it out and make money on it anyway.

Maybe, I found a GSR crank in seattle for $175. Although if I were to get it I would make it run nice and keep it.

I have a strong feeling its OBD2 though. That sucks. And turbo would be kick ass. :)

No bagging on any D series but the difference you'll feel will be substantial. I have rode in a SOHC ZC CRX that turned mid-high 14's all day (with H/I/E) and a GSR CRX with just intake and exhaust. I enjoy the power band of the GSR....Tons and Tons more.

I can still see how you may be torn. Phyregod is right about the parting out (if need be). Take it all and get that bottom end apart. You may not need a crank. Honed out and it could be ready to rock!

One plug or two on the Dizzy? FITV? These are signs if its OBD2 or OBD1. Its not hard to change it over but the less you have to change, the better you chances of money staying in your pocket or put to the ground

I dont think an LS crank fits in the B18C1 block (but maybe someone will prove me wrong)

It does. I used an 89mm crank in my GSR block. It's the best way to build a B20/VTEC geometry setup- use the VTEC block and put the longer crank in.

It does. I used an 89mm crank in my GSR block. It's the best way to build a B20/VTEC geometry setup- use the VTEC block and put the longer crank in.
So the crank gives the rods a longer stroke? Are there worries of clearance with the valves? Cool new info...thanks

No clearance problems, and FAR from new information. This has been done for over a decade now.

You use the crank, rods and pistons from an 89mm stroke B block. They go right into the GSR block. The block heights are the same, so there are no valve clearance issues.

I think I'm going to let this one slide, I have to go into the motor and I`m positive its OBD2.

50000 k on motor and needs valve adjustment huh kinda weird

the add said 50000 km thats like 30000 miles if the valves r maken noise at 30000 miles somethen is seariously wrong somebody beat the crap out of it but i see him sayen 50000 km just to make it look good anyways anytime someone sells somethen its always got low miles or rebuit motor or somethen to make it the best deal
ha ha

It doesn't have 50k. If you didn't catch on, the kid was full of shit. He also said it was right from japan, impossible aswell.

Well...you took a shot at it. The idiot factor was definitely there but you had to see if this was a sweet deal or if the idiot got taken when he started. He's just trying to get some of his money back. But....just the enigine harness, head, intake, dizzy, alt and trans are well worth the $1k if they're up to par.

Back