Texas Weather

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I saw Jody (sirkid) post on fb about how he tried to go to work and every bridge was just shrapnel of other crashes and shut down.

it's funny for us northerners to watch everyone panic when roads suddenly get slippery.

Impressive. I'd like to see video of how some of these accidents happen. I'm sure it'd be comical to anyone above Parallel 36-30.

My commute home Tuesday was during about a foot of accumulation and I didn't see one accident. It just took 3 times longer...

64559_10152169477715827_975429525_n.jpg

Damn that's nuts. I can never understand why people feel the need to go out if they have no clue what they're doing driving in the snow. Work isn't hardly worth the headache of getting into an accident.

It is supposed to snow here on Wednesday. The last time it snowed here and actually stuck was in 1989, from what I hear. I did not grow up here, so I don't know. It would be nice to get a day off from work though. I am sure if it does snow it will be about the same situation.

Yesterday was awesome, it took me 15 minutes to get from my house to the shop because there wasn't anyone on the road at all...longest part of my commute was stopping to get yelled at by a constable for sliding the ass end of my truck back and forth across 3 lanes. No ticket though, so win. DORIFTOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

nice, sometimes I think that cops don't want to have to get out of their cars in the cold.

Meanwhile I spent two hours shovelling 2 feet of snow off my entire 150 foot long driveway yesterday, finally finding stone and concrete... Only to wake up this morning to 3 feet of drifts covering 1/3rd of that length. Now I have to shovel it all again, in 20 mph winds and -10 F weather.

I would get a snow blower. Well worth the money.

I will be buying one this summer, probably around the same time as a generator.

Just watch. Next year it'll be 35 and sunny every day all winter.

My dad didn't get to use his the first winter actually, haha.

I work for the local school board here in Savannah and they have already canceled school for two days.
It was 71 today. Tomorrow it might sleet a little. I'll take the two day vacation gladly.
1f2f0205.jpg

I had ZERO problems on Friday... but drifting to work was fun.

Already canceled the Austin->SA shuttles for tomorrow. Not sure if schools are closed yet, but sleet is pretty likely, so...yet another day, at least, that I'm stuck at home.

Back