The 1st time you ever did anything to a car

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

my first thing was my 64 vw beetle,

1. re did the floor pans,"never welded before, acctually did a great job"
2. re-built the 1500cc motor and tranny to get it running.
3. re-did the electrical system.
4. took 74 super beetle full seatbelt system and conveted it to fit in my lap belt system.
5. rebuilt all the brake system.

i was 16, did all this myself, but i spent a year researching everyhing beforehand.
once i blew the motor, it just gave me an excuse to turn it into a 12-sec wheeli car :)

gallery_36906_259_14168.jpg

I pulled a tranny out of a 88 integra and slapped it into my 89 integra. I was 14. It worked fine till we realized it was a pos tranny and the 4th gear didn't exist. We did the entire thing on my driveway, and I have a huge incline.

Quoted post[/post]]
Was that an original sunroof equipped beetle?

Do you have any idea what those hunks are worth now?
nope thats an aftermarket sunroof.

first thing I did was on my 68 baja bug, I installed a cassette deck and speakers a friend of mine gave me

To my own car: Installed Sony tape deck in my 79 Celica hatch. I mussed up the dash too, used a pocket knife and the like. No harness, I used a 9 volt battery, soldering iron and heatshrink... SAME AS I DO TODAY :)

The first bit of work I ever did was when I was 5 I pulled a board with a chain wrapped around it from underneath my dad's Mustang Cobra (With my mom in it). at age 8 I did a belt in that SAME 79 Celica alongside the road in Westerly RI and at age 10 I did an O2 sensor on that Celica.

First real amount of work I did was age 9 helping our roommate install a cam in his 454 powered Monte. Before that it was stupid stuff, helping my dad rotate tires, tightening random bolts, changing filters. I did my first oil change at about age 6.

My list of screw-ups is way too long to remember specific occasions. I do remember I didn't tighten the calipers on my mom's 91 Tercel and they popped.

-> Steve

first thing i ever did on a car was change out the carburetor on my 84 blazier at 16 (help from dad). then modified my windshield squirters on my 92 si hb at 20 ....
distance.jpg

closeuppass.jpg

I would get mad as hell if you squirt my car with it, even if it's just water, lol. I'd probably cut you off and brake check you down to about 17 mph.

i knew a kid with a cherokee that hooked the rear pisser to spray straight backwards...
what a fuck wad

but the front pissers would be great for the windshield cleaning bums at red lights

i did the hood pisser thing on my 97 Civic show car. i shaved the pissers on the hood and didnt have any idea what to do with the pisser hose so i made it squirt water out from my headlight. it was awesome. i squirted people at a car show with it (i was spraying water not washer fluid) and everyone got a kick out of it...lol

i posted this way back in the day. i squirted a chick in the face one night and at a the next stop light she threw a vodka bottle at my car. the bottle blew up all over my fucking car. i was pissed so got out and kicked a good 2' X 2' dent in her drivers side door :) . maybe i deserved it...

Quoted post[/post]]

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]

nope thats an aftermarket sunroof.

first thing I did was on my 68 baja bug, I installed a cassette deck and speakers a friend of mine gave me

acctually , YES, that is oem, the original from factory. its acctually not a sunroof, it was called a moonroof. the 64' beetle was the first bug model to have a moonroof, all other beetles were a hardtop or a ragtop.

those particular body styles with the moonroof is worth some cash right now, not so much in eastern states, but quite a bit in the western states.

i sold mine for $5600, and bought a crx :mrgreen: then i killed it :mad: then i bought my eg, YEAH BABY :laugh:

i guess the first mechanical stuff i ever did was getting old lawn mowers to run... then changing the oil on my parents car's(dad helped me showing me what to do) then i let a shop change a clutch in my integra and they left off the intake.. the bolts to the bar connecting the bar going to the front crossmember and some other shit.. since then ive never let anyone touch my car and done everything myself

First thing I did was install a front mount, cap off the popoff valve and cut/thread the waste gate rod on my 280ZX so I could easily adjust boost by turning the rod.

Back