The $26 paint job

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

posol

RETIRED
That's right boys and girls.... we painted the neon :)

with................

rollers. lol just like you'd use on your house walls. :p

and we blocked off a square for chalkboard paint--- so we can chalk in our numbers nice and easy :D

here's a before and after shot:

Attachments

• acr_before.jpg
    acr_before.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 190
  • acr_after.jpg
    acr_after.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 254
  • acr_after2.jpg
    acr_after2.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 212
That is SO wrong...

Completely non-JDM. I had a friend that kept threatening to paint the car I had to ride around in with rattle cans, I ended up paying for the supplies and painting it with my spray-gun.

I am kind of amazed, it looks ok in the pics. The chalk board paint idea is kinda cool. You'll have to update us on how this weathers. I have an old 1965 Mercury wagony with the wood paneling. Maybe I should chalkboard the "wood" sections and let the kids go to town with the chalk. they'd love it.

we tired the rattle cans first on the front bumper... but it wasn't holding. so we got some rustolemn enamel. and rolled it on. lol

it really does look good. lol i couldn't believe it either.

and best of all, there's no over-spray mess... we did it at bills condo's garage

after looking through the pics, i have two things to say.

Who's the girl?

HOLY DONKEY DICK SHIFTER BATMAN!

That is all.

@mike - no, we're racing DSP with this car right now.

@reiko - girl = bill's g/f.
shifter = stock

BodyDroppedNikes said:
lol pretty cool man!!. if you have to take off that chalkboard paint, good luck because i understand its a bitch to sand off.

Rub it off with your fingernail

Nice job by the way,... did it lose it's shine at all ?

I like the idea of the chalkboard spot.

Don't look now.....

....your seats are rusting.

lol, i know the seat is shot. we're gonna have bill's mom re-appolster it this winter (she does all kinds of sewing and crafts and such... so she'll do a great job on it.
and we're gonna re-paint the cage and re-foam it up too.

and pics of bill's g/f.... sorry. that's all you get. her pics don't do her justice anyway.... lol

lmao, looks awesome
that mopar link is the shit

and good eye on the chick in the garage

TurboMirage said:
i thought bill and neonmike were pimping it together haha :p

nice job. cant wait to see it sunday.

yeah im gonna try to actually make this event. i've been tied up with so much other crap that i haven't made it to an event yet this year

Back