The importance Of Micropolishing N Balancing A Crank

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

blanco i know you are very knowlegable but i have never seen/heard of a stock honda crank breaking. even at the 6-800hp range i have how ever heard of eagle cranks breaking. at 6-700hp do you have any examples of a broken stock crank i would just like to see some thing to back this up.

+1....

he is probaly right but i would just like to see some that have broken

blanco , why did all the prorace tems run stock prepped cranks , I.E. lisa kubo , kenny tran, Ed bergenrholtz , and many others they didn't start using after market cranks till they were going to stroked motoros larger than 1.8 litres Normally you are dead on with your advice , but stock cranks have seen and hold up to 900 hp with out failing , its all about prep

Aside from how poorly he tuned your engine, I thought you liked Jeff's work? :huh:
Wouldn't surprise me if they got super busy and their quality control went down, happens in all kinds of manufacturing.

Considering that it's the only "work" he did for me... I had quite a few other issues too.

What quality control?

Because their engines don't even last 2 miles, they have phenomenal budgets, and technology has advanced GREATLY since the mid-'90s. Take your pick, even though all three are entirely accurate. ;)

This topic, fucking sucks. OP, do whatever the hell you want. The only reason you posted this topic was for approval anyway.

I posted this topic to hear opinions from different people. What the hell made you think i posted this topic for approval? If you dont like topic then why the hell you keep posting in it?

I posted this topic to hear opinions from different people. What the hell made you think i posted this topic for approval? If you dont like topic then why the hell you keep posting in it?
why do you ask for advice/oppinions on a topic that you have no knowledge on, and then shit on it when it's given???????????????

hahaha, friendly place....lol. plus his question has been answered from the begining right. so lets just stop the vilance hu guys. please.......=)

why do you ask for advice/oppinions on a topic that you have no knowledge on, and then shit on it when it's given???????????????

No Where On this forum did i say anything about opinions/advices that other people gave me did i? He has no business being in this thread if this thread "sucks" to him Now does he? Other people such as "Bkkfarang" stated an opinion and all of the sudden now blanco says this forum sucks? So When you prove to me that i "shitted" on the opinions/advices that others stated let me know aiight......Oh and Btw I appreciate all the opinions everyone here gave to me

Because hes tryin to answer your question, but your not listening.

And Yes I Am Listening theirs just so many different opinions out there...Im not gonna go by what only 1 person stated....He could be wrong and he could be right i just wanna make sure i make the right move before i do anything

I agree that the guys at the shop will tell you the stock crank will hold up only so you think they're trying to save you money, so you'll be more likely to take your car back there when/if it does blow. It's their job, I don't know a lot about cars either, and places like that can see us coming from a mile away... and they love it =P

I agree that the guys at the shop will tell you the stock crank will hold up only so you think they're trying to save you money, so you'll be more likely to take your car back there when/if it does blow. It's their job, I don't know a lot about cars either, and places like that can see us coming from a mile away... and they love it =P

Could Be true but who knows? If shit like thast happens ill just go to another shop that i heard was really good so we'll see what happens at the end...but i truthfully dont think that they'll try to bullshit me in anyway....Im good friends with all of them

go to howstuffworks.com type in fuel injected engines... read... then see if you can get more detailed info about the specific part your pondering.. and draw your own conclusions. either way, good luck with the build, you should keep pics posted of your progress

The problem is that you didn't do an ounce of research before picking a shop and, instead, came here to either 1) second guess your choice or 2) seek approval for your choice.

Some people just like to waste money.

:werd: I asked the same question when I joined. The thread isnt even a year old, mine had a few more ppl reply to it. Im sure the search function would have brought it up.

And to the OP, in my thread the general attitude followed the same lines Blanco is pointing out to you now.

The problem is that you didn't do an ounce of research before picking a shop and, instead, came here to either 1) second guess your choice or 2) seek approval for your choice.

Some people just like to waste money.

I didnt do enough research picking out a shop? Wow buddy you dont even know what shop im talking about but ok its whatever you say. The reason why i posted this thread was to hear out different OPINIONS from other people i cant make that more clear then that. I know you know alot about hondas but theirs other people that know alot of shit too dont think because you said "go aftermarket" ima go and do it. All i want is OPINIONS and thats it no need to argue about anything. You've answered my questions along with others that did the same thing and i APPRECIATE your help

go to howstuffworks.com type in fuel injected engines... read... then see if you can get more detailed info about the specific part your pondering.. and draw your own conclusions. either way, good luck with the build, you should keep pics posted of your progress

Thanks for your help bro. Yeah i keep your guys updated with the build.

honda cranks can and do break. i broke a LS crank at the fillet area next to the number2 main journal on a motor with just 300whp. i held it at 3500rpm before a launch, dropped the clutch and it went boom. it sounded like someone hit it with a sledge hammer. i didn't take any pictures of the aftermath, but my friend might still have the crank floating around his garage.

but the point of the matter is, honda did a great job overbuilding their cranks. however whenever you double, triple, or in your case more than quadruple, the power output of ANY motor, you're going to have to make sacrifices. if you maintain your opinion and use a stock crank, the sacrifice might cost you the whole sum of your build if it lets go. if you however heed the advice of the people here, and a knowledgeable honda builder in your area, the sacrifice is the price of the new crank. do yourself a favor, and add up the cost of your whole build. then add in the price of a new forged crank and ask yourself if it's worth the security it offers.

Back