The New CRX

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

The new CRX is called an Insight :)

If Honda were to make that new Concept, as seen in the link, Then I think it would come to the US - But offered in the weaker motors of course - as well as a gasoline-electric hybrid, And that would be neat. Then, come a few years down the road the swaps will start pouring in

Imagine the "LS-Element" swaps or a high compression "S2VTEC" swap.

-> Steve

<- Always the optimist

:werd:

Insight = current generation CRX. The CRX was always meant to be an extremely small, fuel efficient yet fun to drive car. That's exactly what the Insight is. Performance is on par with the 2nd gen CRX (in the US), and it gets crazy gas mileage.

That article is several years old- I've seen it from before 2002 even.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Mar 25 2004, 01:40 AM
honda = dead.

their new cars are bogus and i have 0 intentions to buy another one.

:withstupid:

The kings of the import scene will be out of office w/in the next 5 years. Honda should take the rope they have been given and run with it. But no, instead, they do things like make an ugly civic si and withhold from us the RSX type R.

*** Screw honda, if i were to buy a new car, it would be either the WRX, Evo, or the Z.

yeah, even as brand loyal to honda as I used to be, I can't help but say that their new stuff is straight out garage- To me it is all directed purely at soccer moms

"For the Japanese market, the CRX will exist in two forms: an entry-level model with a 1.0-litre DOHC VTEC triple producing appoximately 74 kW (the engine derived from the block used in Honda's Insight hybrid coupé), and a hardcore 1.6-litre DOHC four cylinder engine (also with VTEC) generating 110-115 kW. Not incredible, until you realise that the target weight for the four-cylinder coupé is said to cut under 800 kg. Put it this way - that's 200 kg less than the Mini and 175 kg lighter than an MR2."

The base model is coming with a 1L 3 cylinder. How gay? The top of the line comes with a 1.6L DOHC VTEC, so does this mean the B series lives? Cuase if in fact it came with a 1.6L K series wouldnt it have iVTEC?

Originally posted by SpodaB1@Mar 25 2004, 05:51 PM
The top of the line comes with a 1.6L DOHC VTEC, so does this mean the B series lives? Cuase if in fact it came with a 1.6L K series wouldnt it have iVTEC?

This proves that it was written years before the K hit the market by people who didn't have any idea about what Honda was planning. Had it been an actual press release, or come from anything remotely resembling a reliable source, the three cylinder would have been a hybrid, and it most likely would have the current 1.7L D series as the "top end" engine. Please, the CRX isn't ever going to come back, so just stop wishing already and move on. You want something small, light, very fun to drive, and four cylinder? You have two choices- Miata or MR-S. Think they're gay cars? Tough shit; those are your choices. Go drive either and it'll change your mind.

Yeah, well this has been a repost x 34. Whenever someone sees that pen drawing, they think they have tapped into the nerve center of Honda because it looks so possible.

We've even had folk refer to the photoshop that someone put up on the Resource back in 2000 - Saying "This is the new s2000 hatch!" and other such shit.

And you watch - this will happen for a 35th time as well.

-> Steve

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Mar 25 2004, 01:40 AM
honda = dead.

their new cars are bogus and i have 0 intentions to buy another one.

Yeah, I wish Honda would make some better racing type cars but that's why I only buy the older Hondas baybay.
90 & 95 Accords W00T!
Ok so smaller cars are faster than my 4cyl Accord sedans but then again so is a motorcycle.

Then again I'd prolly buy an BMW M if I had bunches of cash even though I owned a 1978 BMW 530i many years back and while it looked nice IMO it was the worst peice of crap I ever owned and was very poorly designed. I used to work on my friends 2002ti and while she thought it was cute I thought it was a piece of crap tin box. BMW has come a long way in the last 20 years. About a year ago I got to drive two of my friends M roadsters and I the roadster handled well and had some major kick.

Still if you don't want to spend a ton of cash Honda's can be less expensive. True you can spend a ton on building them up but the price of gas, parts and insurance is still better than most BMW's if you're on a smaller budget like I am ;)

Dang, I'm rambling...sorry - time to hit the hay
Bruce

Looks great, but I agree we probably will not get it here in the states and if we do it will not even be half as cool.

Originally posted by SpodaB1@Mar 25 2004, 07:22 PM
Loco, why are you always so worked up over nothing?

I'm not worked up. I'm making a point, and like all my other points, is irrefutable. Don't hate. Appreciate. Nukka.

Back