There's one born every minute

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Karma's a bitch :p

As for the heat gun. The YLOD system was a birthday present for my wife and she seems to have a very sentimental attachment to it. She doesn't want me taking her birthday present system apart. If one of the other one YLOD, i'll do the heat gun thing on those cause she doesn't really care about them.

It still works though! lol Its just not hot enough to turn on the ac, but hot enough to affect the 360 when playing for hours at a time I guess.

Just put a little desktop fan on it, or do what I did, and upgrade the fans/put more in it. I bought a "smoked" case and then put fans with blue LED's inside. Looks pretty sick if you ask me, lol...

I elevated it so that the top, most the bottom and sides are in free space. it had just been on most of the day. I don't wanna mod it since its the new style so it shouldn't have the old one's issues (knock on wood) and its got a lot of warranty life on it. Is do that to my other one if I didn't give it to my bro. I've seen it time and it does look sick.

The only sony products I have ever owned were ps1 and ps2. I agree with B that sony is "overpriced garbage". I use my 360 everyday and since I have been working from home for the last two months it has been on for more than 8 hours a day almost everyday. I don't have cable so I just run netflix while I work and take a break periodically to play a game. Mine never overheats and it has never frozen. I know some of you guys probably are angry controller throwers, so maybe it is payback for all the rage.

I know you've seen how long mine is typically on. Haha I haven't been on Live in almost two weeks though.

I purposely leave empty bottles of pop by my tv so I can throw those. Last time I threw my controller I busted the right bumper. No more frag throwing for me on that controller! :(

i just bought PS3 #2 for $50, used... its a 1G backwards compatible unit with nothing wrong :)

So what did you end up doing with those ps3's?

tried frankenswapping em around, but when my frankenps3 is fully assembled the bluray stuff stops working (ps3 games and movies), when i have it apart on my floor (tile), it works just fine. It's crazy.

Back