this is why i colelct coins

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

i played magic in grade school and 7th grade. i dont think im a dork. people who collect coins and talk about collecting coins with people (even people who also collect coins) are dorks. investment my ass, buy stock in something, invest in a house and re-sell it....do something!

Originally posted by FFCiv+Oct 20 2004, 08:11 PM-->
Originally posted by DarkHand@Oct 18 2004, 02:21 PM
pissedoffsol
@Oct 18 2004, 01:20 PM
if you played magic and have magic cards, you are a fucking dork.  the end.
[post=404226]Quoted post[/post]​

Crap. I played it for a few months in high school. I never bought my own cards though... I always used other peoples cards. Does that help my case any?
[post=404227]Quoted post[/post]​

Months in highschool? I played for a couple weeks in 5th grade then just sold the cards to dumb kids. I remember in 4th grade i sold a kid a charizard for 50 bucks.... I ruled
[post=405358]Quoted post[/post]​

pokemon is like eight million times gayer than magic.

ok, pokeman AND magic are fucking tardcart i gots no friends other than people who play this stupid game with me bullshit...

buy stock in something, invest in a house and re-sell it....do something!

hmmm... lets look at the markets record over the last 5 years???
hmmm good call cracker

and a house? enjoy getting fucked on capital gains...
i'll stick with the coins that you can off for cash little by little to avoid the IRS radar...

you = the sux0rs for investment advice...

No, sir, I have no experience but I'm a big fan of money. I like it, I use it, I have a little. I keep it in a jar on top of my refrigerator. I'd like to put more in that jar. That's where you come in.

EDIT: never ever EVER take investment advice from someone who played with magic cards...

lol...invest in baseball cards, real old ones with lots of value.... now if you say collecting baseball cards and selling those is gay, well you just called collecting coins gay. they are basicly the same. you buy something for more than what its worth or maybe less, then you hold onto it for years and years and years...letting it collect dust....then you sell it. come on people, you are putting money and your future in COINS! oh and recked, real estate is where the big money is....read up on it.

rare coins, rare baseball cards, rare art... how do they differ?

and for the temporary situation real estate may be profitable, but you also need to realize how overinflated the real estate market is, especially since the interest rates dropped, everyone bought up everything they could using debt, then supply ran low...

the real estate bubble will pop just the same as tech stocks did, and the same as real estate did in the 80's, although it won;t be as bad as the 80's crash...

i think you should take your own advice and read up on how the coasts are overpriced up to 27%...

buying something high and selling low is not good investment advice...

again i state, never ever EVER take investment advice from someone who played with magic cards...

you are putting money and your future in COINS!

how about you explain to us why its improper to diversify your portfolio outside of real estate into things such as rare coins...???

Originally posted by reckedracing@Oct 21 2004, 12:24 PM
ok, pokeman AND magic are fucking tardcart i gots no friends other than people who play this stupid game with me bullshit...

[post=405646]Quoted post[/post]​

:321:

actually its more of a - i dont give a fuck what you punk ass too cool for school bitches think of me game

actually its more of a - i dont give a fuck what you punk ass too cool for school bitches think of me game

mmmmmmmm righhhhtttttt

whatever floats your boat

lol - i just noticed you have no other posts in this thread... i must have really offended you... are you still in HS? is this how you spend your time?

ya ebay is not the place for a 1000000 dollar auction you notify coin collecters and like b said have anuction via phones and onsite biding

true about ebay and 1mil auctions, but it is a very good cheap way of advertising world wide... and i doubt he would put it on there if he thought someone would bid... imagine ebays commission on 1mil... fuck that, advertise on ebay then private sale... werd

its not that im offended

i just think its retarded that in a thread about coin collecting that people are going to be making fun of something like magic the gathering.

it is a game, the simple fact someone plays it has no bearing on wether or not they are a fucktard, tardcart, dork, nerd, and all the other names that have been put on this thread.

they play it because apparently they think its fun.
just because youd rather look at 100 yr old coins then play a card game doesnt make you any better then them.

i apologize if i have a problem with elitists and call bullshit when i see it.

brian, you played pokemon? whoa. :p

i'll have to see if i can dig up that card and make some money back. lol

and well, i guess i was a dork. tho, i knew i was a nerd in school. so, that's fine. :D

Back