thought I'd find this discussion on here

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Let's try to keep it on track here boys. My two cents: the K swap is worth the money...

I say if you have $7K to work with find an EG shell on the cheap, pick up an LS, build it and boost the shit out of it, it will walk all over a K and be cheaper. My $0.02

this thread is fail

x2

Each to his own opinion...asking which is better is like asking if we like cats or dogs more. Same shit, different colours. K is easier to tune with the proper cash, if you want an H to go fast you need to resleave it just to start

its a little deeper than just
K is easier to tune with the proper cash

its alot more expensive than any other swap. If 7k is your realistic budget JUST GO BUY AN EK WITH A K.

I have seen alot of K20a2 powered civic ek's for that price. It will the cheapest and quickest route.

x2

Each to his own opinion...asking which is better is like asking if we like cats or dogs more. Same shit, different colours. K is easier to tune with the proper cash, if you want an H to go fast you need to resleave it just to start

In the searching in other forums and on google before I decded to post here that Ks have more aftermarket parts that come out for them are more popular and easier to swap just was confused as to which was better since it went both ways EVERYWHERE I looked but I guess like you said, cats and dogs really Thx alot to everyone who decided to help minus the emotional asshole who took a shotgun to my little rep lol hope he fells better LOL

well, it might be possible.. depends on if you want the k20R or the k20S

:rotflmao: @ the expensive way to go slow! LOL man I've heard HORROR stories about turbo bro

Everytime I hear someone say something like this, it makes me laugh. There are tons of STOCK cars that have turbos, so the issue obviously the turbo, the issue is inexperience.

Build it right build it once.

heres an exhaust you could put on it
38007260484_large.jpg

Everytime I hear someone say something like this, it makes me laugh. There are tons of STOCK cars that have turbos, so the issue obviously the turbo, the issue is inexperience.

Build it right build it once.

I'm not really sure how valid this example is. Yes, it's true that there are plenty of factory tubo-charged engines, but, they were designed with turbo in mind from the factory. Honda motors are not, so it's not exactly the same thing.

I would just stress quality tuning if you want a reliable turbo Honda...

:thumbsup:

The more I see the V6 swap, the more I dig it...

WERD... Throw a newer 3.5 in there and with some bolt-ons expect 260+whp. The torque curve on the J series is flat as hell, and they just plain sound amazing. There are dozens of these sitting on pallets at work. I'm so temped to swipe one:ph34r: Best of all, with the hasport kit, the hood will close on an ek with some cutting of the hood's ribbing.

Back on topic... If you want to go fast reliably, boosted b series is the answer. The H series and K series were not designed to fit into any 01' and older civic or any integra. When something breaks it's not as simple as going to Honda to get a part.

Like b16coupe said, I ran a boosted b series for 2 years, 20k miles with zero break downs, fried rings, ext... Check out my build thread in my sig. That car maybe had 250 whp, and trust me, in the hatchback I couldn't ever exploit it's potential without roasting tires or severely breaking the speed limit. On the streets my current stock itr swapped ek is much more fun to drive.

WERD... Throw a newer 3.5 in there and with some bolt-ons expect 260+whp. The torque curve on the J series is flat as hell, and they just plain sound amazing. There are dozens of these sitting on pallets at work. I'm so temped to swipe one:ph34r: Best of all, with the hasport kit, the hood will close on an ek with some cutting of the hood's ribbing.

Back on topic... If you want to go fast reliably, boosted b series is the answer. The H series and K series were not designed to fit into any 01' and older civic or any integra. When something breaks it's not as simple as going to Honda to get a part.

Like b16coupe said, I ran a boosted b series for 2 years, 20k miles with zero break downs, fried rings, ext... Check out my build thread in my sig. That car maybe had 250 whp, and trust me, in the hatchback I couldn't ever exploit it's potential without roasting tires or severely breaking the speed limit. On the streets my current stock itr swapped ek is much more fun to drive.

who you tellin....I drool everytime I think about 300-305hp stock and 271-275ft/lb STOCK!!!! J's are crazy, especially the most recent ones! Heard that too with the Hasport kits

I know they weren't designed for them but I've seen alot of people "make it fit" and it's not as simple but that's what you guys are here for :D if I try and try and try and try and it JUST isn't working, I always have the experts on Hondaswap to full back on lol

I'm stll looking around figuring things out.......I might just spend the money on a b and slowly work myself to building a k or just buy one already swapped for less money but everyday I learn a little more and that's what I love about the Honda game :wub:

Back