thoughts on ephedra?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by haccord141@Oct 31 2003, 11:09 AM

first do abs everyday.

mon-run/abs
tues-abs/legs
wed-run/abs
thurs-abs/back
fri-run/abs
sat-abs/upper body
sun-rest

and repeat, but vary the workouts when targeting the legs, abs, back, and upper body. You will see results quick this way.

Dude Abs are muscles therefor you DO NOT WANT TO WORK THEM EVERYDAY!!!!! it will do you no good! running would be 10 times better you will never give your muscle a chance to heal its like working your chest everyday you will get no where other then hurt

unless you are one of them dumb fucks that does 200 crunches in 3 mins and thinks hes bad ass when really the guy doing that cannot do 10 crunches slowly with a 5lb weight on their chest

also you do not want to just work your upper body.... upper body has 5 differ main muscle groups I would work no more then 2 at one time and in Bs case ONE at one time till his body gets use to it

my normal was

Mon-legs
Tue-Shoulders
Wed-Bicips
Thur-Tricips
Fri-Chest
Sat-Back

I would also do Abs twice a week say... tue and fri once agian they need time to heal!!!!!!

B at first you will be sore for 3-4 days after working out I find that to be a great feeling you learn to like it since you KNOW you are working the body parts you wanted and you also know when you can rework that part of your body

after about 3-4 weeks of it your body will get use to it and you will not get sore anymore unless you change up your workout plan

B just keep at it keep a good meal plan drink TONS of water even if you hate it you will have to learn to love it I don't care what people think water will help you loose weight and also keep your system clean

if you keep a good meal plan, and work out 4-6 times aweek you might not see it at first but I bet after 4-6 weeks you will start to see a differance

in my books you just started working out as of this week since you stoped working out the last two weeks

tisk tisk.....

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Oct 31 2003, 12:29 PM
within a week i can be up or down anywhere from 10-15 lbs. its weird. 230-250 is my range for sure... and it really just depends what day you catch me on. I must be full of shit or something :D

thats called taking a big shit = 10lbs but eating tons and drinking beer and being to busy to "read my sig" then you are back up 10LBS

Man i wouldn't take that stuff. I used to take Hydroxycut when it had ephedra in it and i would always get shaky and my heart would beat fuckin fast so i stopped. Now i take the Ephedra free Stacker 2 and i really like them. I say go on a diet or get Ephedra Free products.

Anything is bad in excess. I've taken lots of those pills mentioned at different times and I'll give you the low down. I don't know how they say to take them 30 minutes before breakfast. I can't eat 30 minutes later. They kick twice as hard on an empty stomach, discourage meals, and cut holes in your stomach. That's not good. So, if you wanna use them, do it right. I like slammed98integra's enthusiasm, and he's going the right way. But I get tired sometimes, and that enthusiasm just isn't always there. So, here's a rule of thumb. Start low, and figure out where your tolerance is. You don't put 28 lbs of boost to a weak bottom end. Eat a good breakfast, then take one. If you're not amped to the nuts, you might take one after lunch. I never take any in the late afternoons, or you won't sleep for shit. If you trash your sleep, your taking the pills just to wake up. Taking any pill every day is not a good thing. Xenadrine, Ripped Fuel, Metabolife, and similar products can be a good tool to get you by, like a crescent wrench. But you don't throw out the toolset because that wrench rocks. Use it when needed, no more. Take too many, believe me, you will not like it. Take the right amount, and for the right reasons, then it can be helpful. My workouts depend on my energy level.

To each their own, but workouts, the proper diet, and the occasional helping hand is ok by me.

PS I usually only take one, or two after breakfast, and none after that. Even that is only once a month or two, but they're always there.

Good Luck B

dude just get on fucking prozac and watch your life improve 100%.

not that i would know first hand or anything....

<<nervously looking around>>

ok, i feel as if i have to give you a good dose of reality in order to get through to you.

you are never going to loose weight.

like the sound of that? no?

then get off your ass, and fucking work out. take your time, go slowly untill your muscles can handle the stress.

it will most likely take you in your condition around a month or so to be able to work out, and not feel "the burn" the day after.

you are not going to get skinny tho, you cant build fat over muscle....well you can, but it looks funny.

your best bet is to do a SHITLOAD of cardio, so at least you are toned, then work out heavy.

in on years time, you will be one big bad shit-kicking machine....and the chicks will flock to you....

stick with it.

winstrol depot will take care of all your needs. other than that then the ephedra free shit is a waste

not as expensive as ephedra, you can cook it in your own basement, and best of all you dont need a prescription.

the only small side effect is eventual hardcore addition, speed bumps (you ex tweekers know what i mean

and the occasional mental delusion.

:spin: :D :blink: :roll: :p :blink: :woo: :imgone: :pillmove: :peace: :hmm:

Ephedrine, meth, or ecstacy, its all the same. Xcept mine was invented as a weight loss drug and it makes you happier than parts on your door step.

christ this thread got off topic.

I'm looking for a SUPPLEMENT to my diet and workout routine. nothing more. I'm not looking to live off a pill. I'm not looking for an upper, something to give me energy, or something to enoucourage my workout. I'm looking for something that will aid in burning fat as i work them.
As of right now, the best suggestion you folks have given me is water. :doh:

Get some of that weight jacker 2000 or whatever it's called.

Supposedly it's a WHUPASS ephedra energy pill/workout suplement. Just BE CAREFUL. Getting dehydrated, or overheating your body while on ephedra supplements can be deadly.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Nov 1 2003, 02:08 AM
christ this thread got off topic.

I'm looking for a SUPPLEMENT to my diet and workout routine. nothing more. I'm not looking to live off a pill. I'm not looking for an upper, something to give me energy, or something to enoucourage my workout. I'm looking for something that will aid in burning fat as i work them.
As of right now, the best suggestion you folks have given me is water. :doh:

ok B, hydroxycut, speeds up metabolism so you lose fat even while you are sleeping, and gives you energy during the day. take hydroxycut, your one addition that you wanted, and keep doing everything you are doing.

I can thoroughly understand where you're coming from man. I've had a weight problem all my life. I even had problems in the Army and we were running 10 miles a day for PT not including all the exercize and forced ruck marches with 90 pound packs. The 82nd can whip your ass! Anyways, I managed to drop a few in Ranger school due to the "atmosphere" lol. The most I ever lost was when I joined the 82nd boxing team. The deal with that is because we were surviving on fruit and eggs while jumping rope 2 hours a day, 10 mile runs, weights and sparring.
Now that I'm out, I gained weight like you wouldn't beleive! As for epehdrine, I have used it for around 4 years. Never had a problem to date. I prefer to use an ECA "stack" (Ephedrine, Caffeine, Aspirin). You can look it up on the net and find some great tips for exact measurments of each. Personally, I use one aspirin tablet(50mg) 1 ephedrine tablet(usually 25 mg of ephedra) and 1 tablet of caffeine(25 mg). And I quit smoking while on it. It took some willpower, but it can be done. The net and some powerlifter friends helped me out alot. They explained how the ephedrine constricts the blood vessels so the aspirin is used to thin the blood and the caffeine help stimulate the muscle fibers to allow it all to "set in". I have a few books from GNC that helped too.
If you go to GNC simply ask them their opinion, every one I asked told me the same thing. Every item that contains ephedra (weight loss supplements) simply try to recreate the ECA stack. Even those that say ephedra free simply contain either chemical precursors to ephedra or man made chemical complexes that simulate ephedra. As far as you go, I wish you luck. I have never had a problem with it, it's helped my workouts and I've lost weight. Trial and error I guess. Best of luck!

ephedra = legalized speed

take a weight loss supplement without ephedra, or take it in small doses.

Honestly the best way to lose weight though is to do #1) cardio, #2) Light Heavy Weights, #3)Have a healthy diet

if everyone else already said this, sorry

its the morning after halloween and i'm too buzzed to go back and read

alright, Stoped reading after about 30 posts but b, you have to eat breakfast, that is part of you problem. Your body when it goes for a long time without food, it slows its processes down to lower your matabilism. Its a usefull process back in the caveman days when you may go without food for a few days at a time. To keep your matabilism up, you have to eat like 5 small, healthy meals a day. Have a healthy breakfast, then a pre lunch meal which should be small like an apple or something like that, lunch should be your biggest meal of the day, but still stay healthy. Again, a fruit, something like that for between lunch and dinner. Finally dinner should be your smallest meal. Europeans do it this way and nutruinist think this may be one of the reasons why they are so fucking tiny. If you have a big dinner, how are you going to burn it off? Your just probally going to sit around, then go to bed, then your body just absorbs it.

Adkins diet is a POS. With all the protien, it justs makes you loose alot of water weight. It makes you piss so much, some dietisions (sp) say that it may be srenus on the kidneys.

Carb FX, and butt loads of whey protein, along with glutamine, glucosamine.

Originally posted by Slammed89Integra@Nov 1 2003, 01:28 PM
Carb FX, and butt loads of whey protein, along with glutamine, glucosamine.

that will make him bigger, won't it? he just wants to lose weight and get toned. plus he doesn't want the whole body builder diet. he is just looking for something simple to add to his regular routine.

Simplest thing out there, more muscle=more toned, just matters what kind of work outs he does. ONly difference would be to do high reps low weight instead of low reps high weight.

You know the only way you can get a 6 pack is by having less then 12% bf then having huge abs? So wouldn't getting toned mean having more muscle to cut and sculp?

Glucosamine=Joint Support
Glutamine=Amino Acid, anti cabolyst(sp?), muscle doesn't burn during work outs, or break down, making it so when you lose weight you're losing fat not muscle.

Whey=Building block of all muscle
Carb FX=Controls carb fx, caffeine intake, and helps just break down food and support metabolicly.

The only bad part about this is, it will run you about 100 a month in supplements if you take them to most extent like I do.

yeah, i think all that is more than b is looking for. but there are two ways to get to 12% bf. gain muscle or lose fat. if i'm correct b wants to lose fat because he wants to slim down to a 36" waist. that's why i suggest he keep his cardio routine and add hydroxycut. anyways, b, if you go with hydroxycut, you will have to drink a lot of water like everyone is suggesting, it's part of the supplement.

Very true, and well thought. I'm just saying going from the other side its harder, but also more effective in the long run.

meal replacement shakes.. simple as that...

however, I don't think lifting is the way to go if you want to lose weight, I've gained 20 lbs. since I started lifting...

Back