timing problems

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

corrigan989

hy my dizzy craped out on me a while back. whenit happend i tried pop starting it a couple time with absolute failure. replaced the entire dizzy. in order for my car to run smoth i have to have the dizzy turned all the way towards the firewall.
is this retarded or advanced?
is it possible that i jumped a tooth and would that cause this issue?

i think it's retarding the timing backing it towards the firewall. is it the exact same distributor? did you mark and note the direction of the rotor when you removed it???

^^^It will only go in one way. Other car companies will work both ways but Honda only goes in one way.

Service plug jumped beofre setting the timing initially?

depends man, some b series distributors can go either way. i've had it happen to me on a number of occasions when doing swaps. later on honda incorporated a slot so it can only go in one way.

Wrong distributor. If you have a D16Z6, you need a D16Z6 or D15Z1 distributor. No other distributor will time correctly. And you must jumper the ECU as mentioned otherwise the ECU will work against you until it maxes out.

On the side of the distributor it will have a part number that is TD-something. Compare that to this: Honda Distributors

Back