TPS problems

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

goldwar

k so i have a 89 CRX Si with a sohc zc which i just got done doing a full rebuild on.
My only problem is that before i rebuilt it my tranny mount broke and slammed my TPS sensor against my firewall snapping it in half so i went to the salvage yard and got the throttle body and a tps plug for a 88 integra. The throttle body and plug look exacty the same so i figured it would work and i had good results for about half a mile then all ;hell broke lose sputter lost all control of throttle response and it died with some ecu spitting the tps code so i have no idea what i did and i really want to drive it. any ideas would be appreciated thanks.......

is the tps getting its 5v constant power? (im pretty sure its the yellow wire), did you set the tps correctly when you put it in? does the voltage change correctly throughout the rpm range? ex. at idle the tps should be at or around .45v and at wide open throttle it should be at 5v. also some honda tps's run the opposite of how yours does factory, if thats the case, you would swap the 2 outer wires on the tps harness (look into which applications this applies to before causing yourself extra work). If the tps is getting correct voltage, is set correctly, changes voltage w/out breaking up from idle to wide open throttle, and the wires are making a good connection, you may have gotten a bad tps. make sure you do all the voltage tests w/ the key in the 'On' position with the engine off!!!! if i missed anything or got anything wrong please feel free to correct.

Back