Traction Bars yes or no?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

IKONZls/vtec3

Ok so i have my ls/vtec ongoing car daily driver project, i have a gsr tranny with an Act stage 2 clutch and Fidanza lightened flywheel, i was going to purchase an ETD racing traction bar setup for my car to elimate wheel hop and the inital throw off the line, would this be a good idea even though i do not plan on installing an lsd at this point in time due to time constraints?

Do you have the Motor Mount inserts? That would be a cheaper way to eliminate wheel hop. I'm not sure your car is wicked enough to need some T-bars.

Stock Accords and ED Civic/CRX's come with traction bars, so your car doesn't have to be extreme to need them. I've heard of people breaking the joints on the ETD bars, may want to look elsewhere.

+1 on bushings

its a daily driver, its an ls/vtec b18a bored .20 over with oversized pr3 pistons, b16 head, ported and polished, xs power stage 2 cams, dual springs and retainers, aem tru time cam gears, AEbs typhoon intake manifold, aem fuel rail, accel 310cc injectors, walbro 255lph fuel pump, dc 4-1 header, no cat, or resonator, 2.5" custom piping to N1 muffler, an AEM short ram intake, gsr tranny stage 3 ACT clutch, and fidanza lightened flywheel, short shifter, so the traction bars a yes or no
???

+1 on the full race bars. They are th eonly ones on the market with the correct geometry.

i have fullrace on my crx. great part and lots of clearance

mount inserts, lsd and traction bars are the best way to eilminate wheel hop...obviously inserts are the cheapest id start there

havent posted on here in awhile, but where would i get these inserts which are the best quality also i hate really cheap shit that just breaks or falls apart, also i am ditching the gsr trans into my b18b hatch n just getting the type r for my 96 coupe , so hopefully these inserts and the lsd will help....def let me know bout the inserts though guys thanks again for the help...hard to find in western PA .....

I have two sets of Energy Suspension mounts. Some of the best money you can spend. I got mine from Summitsportcompact.com. They have good prices on a lot of stuff. I also have a set of Traction bars that I haven't installed yet. I will by the spring. I still have a bit of wheel hop.

Back