tranny for boost!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

icoy22

so I'm planning to turbo my car but was wondering what tranny would be best for boost. I'm thinking the gsr but I'm not sure. this would be on a ls or b20

i've read somewhere on here that the LS trans is the best way to go with turbo because of the long gear strides. however, i've also read it's the weakest trans and will eventually fail under high power. i guess it depends on what your deifinition of high power is.

i'm doing a b20 swap right now on my 93 dx, and i 'm running the LS trans. i want to go turbo soon but only 7 lbs. so i hope the LS will last.

Last edited:
i've read somewhere on here that the LS trans is the best way to go with turbo because of the long gear strides. however, i've also read it's the weakest trans and will eventually fail under high power. i guess it depends on what your deifinition of high power is.

i'm doing a b20 swap right now on my 93 dx, and i 'm running the LS trans. i want to go turbo soon but only 7 lbs. so i hope the LS will last.

LS trans is the best for exactly what you said, long gears. Isn't 6-8lbs just fine on a non-built motor? I have even heard of people running 10lbs on a stock b16 and having no problems.

yeah there was guy around here with a turbo ls with 9 psi with a good tune I gues he ran 12.4 stock internals but his motor blew I don't know how long it lasted him

Back