Tranny Thump + Stalling

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

civic02

Ok I just bought my Acura Integra LS w\ 112k last week. I am now noticing some issues come up. Both problems are completly un-related.

As for the transmission thump.... It can be felt in first\second gear. If I quickly let off the gas I will get a loud thump. The car stays in gear and everything, just a loud thump. I had suspeted mounts, but if it were mounts it woulden't thump in only first and second. Is this my tranny? Is it done or can it be saved by a fluid flush? Could this mean I am simply low on fluid (i believe there is a slight leak). I am MTX btw.

Now as for the stalling.... This only happened twice. I would start the car up and it would immediatly stall out. It woulden't putter out (as if it were starving for fuel), rather it would just completly stall. I would just start it up and everything would run as normal. No codes or anything. I was thinking it could be the Hall Effect pickup sensor because a similar problem happened with a friends truck (his was intermittent stalling). Any ideas to what this could be?

Thanks for any advice given.

Hmm, I'm in this one to learn from the others. Best of luck in solving your problem. I'm sure someone will chime along soon enough.

The thump is it almost as if engine mount brackets are loose? even a tiny amount? also your ball joints could be causing trouble.... the thing with that is you'd hear the clunking over bumps. Could be your linkage hitting something underneath... thats weird. Is it stuttering or anything on take off?
The stalling: How hot is it out there(vapor lock. Mine does that occasionally no codes or anything) [also with that you will try to start it and it will crank but wont start]? Air filter clean(prolly not issue cause it would sputter and die)? dizzy cap clean? (If there is a little silver line inside it you need to replace)

Back