Turbo Goals

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

t3 60-1
t4 60-1
precision sc61
will all get you there.

how much lag, and how much money you have to spend is a different story

whats the Precision Turbo and Engine part number on the T3 60-1? I'm having trouble finding it on the site because I don't understand the naming system for turbos yet. Thanks!

Originally posted by E_SolSi+Apr 24 2003, 01:29 AM-->
integraracing91
@Apr 24 2003, 02:04 AM
Well i would like to spend under 1000

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

lol what the hell do YOU think is so funny, i want to spend under 1000 for the TURBO ONLY...ever hear of a site called cheapturbo.com?........what A/R should i get with the Garrett t3 60-1? .63/.82/1.06 what power am i looking at between them and the different sizes :blink:

Originally posted by turtl631@Apr 24 2003, 08:52 AM
whats the Precision Turbo and Engine part number on the T3 60-1? I'm having trouble finding it on the site because I don't understand the naming system for turbos yet. Thanks!

they don't make one. the 60-1 is a disel turbo wheel. precision doesn't use that wheel.

Originally posted by integraracing91@Apr 24 2003, 02:28 PM
what A/R should i get with the Garrett t3 60-1? .63/.82/1.06 what power am i looking at between them and the different sizes :blink:

the lower you go, the faster you will spool, but the lesser total output you will be able to make.

personally, i don't like any of those for you. a low .70 would be your best bet.
.82 will lag to all hell.
.63 will prob be in full boost at 4500 rpms

im telling you, get the precision. its a WAY better turbo than the 60-1 will ever be.

wait for the new garrett gt-r series turbo. ive read about them and only heard good things; they are more efficient, use better bearing catridges, and have better flow design. one that may work good on a honda is probally the gt28r (disco potato). but they are over $1000. the gt28r is about $1,800.

Is the 60-1 just all out worse than the stuff at precision, or just not as good for his application since he's shooting for such major gains? Earlier you told me to go with precision, and then recommended the 60-1, so that's why I was confused and asked if precision makes a 60-1. If the 60-1 is still best for my application (~300 whp ls), what's a good source for this turbo? Thanks again, this board is incredibly helpful!

Originally posted by pissedoffsol+Apr 24 2003, 07:05 PM-->
integraracing91
@Apr 24 2003, 02:28 PM
what A/R should i get with the Garrett t3 60-1? .63/.82/1.06 what power am i looking at between them and the different sizes :blink:

the lower you go, the faster you will spool, but the lesser total output you will be able to make.

personally, i don't like any of those for you. a low .70 would be your best bet.
.82 will lag to all hell.
.63 will prob be in full boost at 4500 rpms

im telling you, get the precision. its a WAY better turbo than the 60-1 will ever be.

So what was the part number for that precision turbo? and at what site???? thanks everyone again for the help :D :worthy:

Back