Turbo Vocab

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

keehnel1414

I want to boost a b18b1. I only want about 6-10psi. I also want it to spool up at like 2000rpms or less. I was told that a t3 would be a good turbo. I found some on www.cheapturbos.com but there is many t-3 to choose from. Here is a one of them

Garrett T3/T04E 57 TRIM W/.48 A/R TURBINE

COMPRESSOR SPECS:

.60 A/R HOUSING

57 TRIM WHEEL

TURBINE SPECS:

.48 A/R HOUSING

STAGE 3 WHEEL

standard with 270 degree thrust bearing

call for pricing for internal wastegated option.

I was wondering what these things mean
  • T3/04E
  • .60 A/R HOUSING
  • 57 TRIM WHEEL
  • .48 A/R HOUSING
  • STAGE 3 WHEEL
  • standard with 270 degree thrust bearing

Thanks for The help I really appreciate it.

PS-here is the website that it came from Turbo

T3/04E - thats the basic size. it is NOT a t3, it is a hybrid t3/t04e, also known as a t3/t4
.60 A/R HOUSING - there is an article on a/r in the turbo section of this site
57 TRIM WHEEL - see above
.48 A/R HOUSING - see above
STAGE 3 WHEEL - compressor wheel, 3 is mild-average
standard with 270 degree thrust bearing - uhhhh never heard of it- just a bearing though.... allows for smoother rotation probably

its like a hybrid engine; combining two into one, like the lsvtec. what they do is take the compressor off a T3 and use the exaust housing of a T4 (is that right or is it backwards?). well is something like that, ive heard its supposed to help reduce "lag".

Originally posted by K2e2vin@Apr 8 2003, 12:32 AM
its like a hybrid engine; combining two into one, like the lsvtec. what they do is take the compressor off a T3 and use the exaust housing of a T4 (is that right or is it backwards?). well is something like that, ive heard its supposed to help reduce "lag".

other way around. t3 exhaust, t4 compressor
quciker spool than a straight t4
power potential greater than a straght t3

Originally posted by keehnel1414@Apr 8 2003, 12:40 AM
I read the a/r article but it didn't say anything about what 57 trim is? Does anybody know what it is?

basically, the smaller the number, the better spool time you will get, but also the less total output you will get from it

Back