Votes: 5 23.8%
  • Sony

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Vizio

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Other

Votes: 3 14.3%

• Total voters

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I agree with Cal that LGs make the best bang for buck. However, one issue that prevents me from buying them is input lag. Every LG model Ive came across displays some sort of input lag on the LCDs and plasmas. For fighting games, it is super frustrating.

Anyway, Ive been a fan of Samsung so that is what I have been purchasing. Just recently picked up a 51" plasma and picture is great.

I was looking at a Panasonic because according to AVS forums all their displays use the same panels, just the higher end models have different covers ie to reduce glare and such. Also, many sites rank their plasmas, even entries, very highly. However, I am glad I got a Samsung as they have much much better IR (image retention) prevention schemes than Panasonic.

Here is a good deal if you have a BB with one in stock. My buddy's parents have this tv and they paid like 1900 bucks. Super good tv.

If budget isn't an issue:
Samsung for LCD/LED
QUOTE]

I got two 51" (1 plas, 1 LED) Samsungs and a 32"(LED) for $1500 at PC Richards.

I really don't consider Samsungs to be high end products for the most part but i have never had a problem with anything Samsung including appliances.

Like every manufacturer im sure they have Ultra High end to Budget end products to suite everyone's needs. Except Apple, they don't do that.

Agreed on Sammy for LCD and Panny for Plasma.

I have a 65" Panasonic VT30 (plasma). I love this tv. No burn in issues. Blacks are super dark and the PQ is amazing.

The LED/LCD's bug me. I don't like movement with those TV's and sometimes the image looks "fake" to me.

B16.. its not that its fake... its too real.. 240hz TVs take some time getting used to

i have it narrowed down to two choices... The LG 47ls4500 (47" LED 1080p) for $579 at sears or best buy, and the Panasonic TC-P50U50 (50" plasma 1080p) for $599 at best buy. after reading eight billion reviews, i am still torn on these two. I have never owned either brand before. My space in my entertainment center is limited, and most 50" sets dont fit, so that is a factor in coming to these choices as well.

It's worth getting more than two. I have two on my Panasonic and I'm using both (Xbox and PC connections). Wish I had one more for when I eventually build a server.

Get a smart tv with wireless and connections/inputs become useless.
I can beam direct from my galaxy s3 right to my tv. its fucking bad ass. (well, i could until i broke the damn screen.... :( )
plus with apps and intenral storage, its basically an endless supply of anything you want from netflix to amazon to a full web browser. Don't need to hook up a computer, or roku, or anything else besides a BD player. I'd be fine with just 1 connection, as that's all i need. I don't game, so may 2 if you do.
I also don't use a cable box. so 3 if you do.
or just get a reciver with hdmi switching and run the reciever as you rbrain of th entertainment system like you're supposed to and you have the need for just 1 hdmi into the tv again.

My TV has 4 HDMI inputs (all being used, lol) and also has the smart apps. I run DLNA server off my NAS for streaming videos to it. It is fantastic. However, the apps are picky on the encoding on the videos and some need to be converted. I can still torrent 1080p movies and stream them. Love this thing. :)

the only encoding i have issues with are some mpeg2's.

all mkv's play great, and frankly, that's the technology of the future any way.

It plays MKV and M4V files, those are just frameworks. Within those you can have different video and audio codecs, bitrates, etc. and that is where mine gets picky.

Thats cheap, but i dont really understand how i can get on the employee price deal. I am leaning towards the panasonic plasma. I dont need more than 2 hdmi ports.

Other members of various employers and organizations can signup. Gotta check, I think if you're a member of slickdeals you can signup too.

With B on this. I usually buy from Costco just for this reason or Fry's.

I wish there was a Frys in ft wayne.

Back