underbody neon light install

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

x007den

i just got a couple of 18" underbody neon light tubes for my ride. im pretty good with body work but i have no idea how to wire these suckers. all i know is that the tubes each have a built in transformer and the black and red wire coming out of it. i want to be able to have them on without my headlighs having to be on, if not possible its ok, i also want to have a switch for them in the dash, what am i going to need to get and what should i do??

Go buy some switches at the local shmucks and a lot of good 16 guage power wires. Run the wires from like a direct power from your battery to the switch in your dash, then seperate them with splicing/other ways/etc into the neons. This is like the most simple thing since you don't even want it on accesory.

what would i have to do if i wanted them on at acc?

you will need to fine the acc wire and aire up the lights to that

one last question, im really not familiar with switches so i am assuming that i am going to get 16 gauge wire hook it up to the pos. battery. then ill connect it to the switch. then i think i will connect a new red wire somewhere on the switch that will be spliced to reach my two tubes. is that the set up?

Originally posted by x007den@Aug 1 2003, 03:14 AM
im really not familiar with switches

STOP RIGHT THERE.

if you are "really not familiar with switches", then DO NOT TOUCH YOUR CAR!

:asshat:

Back