I recently bought a project car from a large Nissan dealership in town. I told them my terms. No money down, $180 a month, which would be $2000 off their asking price. They would have to find the financing. They agreed. We signed papers. I drove off the lot. (total price, with interest, is $9720) A few days later, I get a phone call from the finance person, saying I need a co-sign for my loan to go through. Which pisses me off, the car lot already had me sign a contract that listed my loan terms with a specific bank at a 6.9%. But I fold and have my father, who is out of town, agree to co-sign. The car lot says they'll FedEx the papers to him immediately. That was early last week. Today, I get a call from the car sales person. He says "Great news, I can save you thousands of dollars because I found a lower interest loan for you." Now that sounds fishy.... Then comes the catch. "You just need to put down $500 tonight. But your payments will be $40 less a month" I tell them to call me back, I need to work out the math. When they call back, and after asking them how they got their new numbers, they say they can't finance me at the agreed upon terms with my co-signer (with my father, who's a veterinarian with 30 years perfect credit) . They say, if I don't put money down now, they can only finance me for 10.9% interest. Total price: ($220/month) $11,300. We had agreed on an original final price of $9720. I'm not paying $1,500 more, after already signing and agreeing on a MUCH lower price. Then the finance guy says "we'll actually need $600 down, tonight!" Screw that, I'm busy. So they ask for me to come in tomorrow, with cash in hand. I tell them I am traveling out of town for work the next two days (I really am). They say they don't care, I have to come in tonight or tomorrow morning. They don't explain why, they just say I have to. Then they procede to tell me they never sent any paperwork to my father to co-sign, and haven't even processed my titlework yet. On top of that, they get irritated with me because they haven't finalized their sale 10 days after the paperwork was originally signed. They blame me for that, even though they just called tonight needing more money. I'm fed up with this bait and switch. I told the dealership I would only be interested in the car if I put no money down since I am getting a new apartment this month and money is short. They agree, give me the car for a week, and now say "mmm... sorry we need more money or else your payments will be $40 HIGHER than what you signed for." Remember that the sales person actually said on the phone that I would SAVE $40 a month if I paid a downpayment right now. So I shouldn't have any issues with throwing the keys back at them and ripping up the contract, right? I put no money down, and the contract I signed with their lending bank they've already said they can't honor. Any possible recourse the dealership can do? They firmly believe I would never give the car back because I 'love it so much', so that's why they're pressuing either higher payments or cash in their hand now. Little do they know that I rather lose a nice car under principle than cave in under pressure for selfish wants. Any reason to be concerned? Can the car lot hold me to the car, even though their financing couldn't deliver what they promised?