Used car lot woes

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Quoted post[/post]]
The Sales manager didn't pay one penny to do that. I would still tell them to stick it. He knew that he could get you to come around by showing you a dollar. Classic, he turned your public disgust (that was making customers nervous) and then unleashed his little "deal" in front of them and came out smelling like a rose.

agreed.

but, hey you got your car still - a few thousand miles of tread.

Take the car back. There are thousands of Z28s out there. Hell I know I passed by at least three 98-02s today for sale.

That shit sounds exactly like what Nissan of Ft wayne did to me over the Sentra. 11 days after I brought the car home, contract signed, deal made, I get a letter from the bank stating the loan could not be approved. This after the dealership had told me point blank that I was approved for x% for x years.

Fuck Nissan stealerships man. Fuck em.

i woulda done it...that is EXACTLY what i woulda done in your position. Props prowler...thats really the only way to get what you want when you get screwed at the dealership.

Quoted post[/post]]
The Sales manager didn't pay one penny to do that. I would still tell them to stick it. He knew that he could get you to come around by showing you a dollar. Classic, he turned your public disgust (that was making customers nervous) and then unleashed his little "deal" in front of them and came out smelling like a rose.

That was a VERY good salesperson he dealt with/

Anybody who can turn a raging customer into a satisfied one is definately earning their keep around the dealership. I bet he and his buddies will talk about this one at sales training events for years to come.

Take it back, there are PLENTY of z28's around for a lot less money.

btw....at 98% of the dealerships you go to (sometimes more) its pointless to talk to a sales person for anything more than information. They cant do shit to lower your price, so if you want someone on your side, its the sales manager. I mean good lord, i make over 200 sales calls a day and the number of times i hear "The sales person had to keep running back and forth to the sales manger" would make your head spin. Out of the over 100 dealerships i work for, I think Foreign Cars Italia, the Paramount Auto Group (both in NC and owned by the same company) and....ya know what, ive sat here for five minutes and i cant think of another one.

I used to work with Asbury. Dealership chains and empires ROLL IN CASH. Asbury bought this one guy a fucking Lear because of how he handled dealership sales.

It gets even better.....

The hydraulic clutch failed on me tonight, while I was taking some friends for a spin in the new car. It went completely limp while I was driving up hill. I have no idea how I had so much momentum, but I coasted it all the way to a parking lot, where it sits now.

There have been soooo many issues with this vehicle, signs and oppurtunities to get out of it without any loss. This has to be my last oppurtunity to ditch this vehicle, and since my father hasn't signed the co-sign papers, I can still get out. Looks like I'll be having AAA tow my Camaro back to the dealership tomorrow.

It was fun while it lasted....

Quoted post[/post]]
It gets even better.....

The hydraulic clutch failed on me tonight, while I was taking some friends for a spin in the new car. It went completely limp while I was driving up hill. I have no idea how I had so much momentum, but I coasted it all the way to a parking lot, where it sits now.

There have been soooo many issues with this vehicle, signs and oppurtunities to get out of it without any loss. This has to be my last oppurtunity to ditch this vehicle, and since my father hasn't signed the co-sign papers, I can still get out. Looks like I'll be having AAA tow my Camaro back to the dealership tomorrow.

Why tow it? just drive the sucker there without the clutch, park it and get out. don't say a thing about it other then heres you car back.

walk away and never look back :laugh:

next guy goes to get in it to move it...............

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
It gets even better.....

Why tow it? just drive the sucker there without the clutch, park it and get out. don't say a thing about it other then heres you car back.

Actually... :withstupid:

I had made sure to have 500+ miles on the Sentra when I drove it back into the dealer. :p

Quoted post[/post]]

Towing is free. I'll just leave it there, saying it doesn't run. Nothing more.

Test drive weekend now :cool:

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]

Towing is free. I'll just leave it there, saying it doesn't run. Nothing more.

Test drive weekend now :cool:

But it would be more fun to drive it there and park it. if its towed in then it will seem like you fucked something up. ohwell I know what I'd do =)

lol...i never had an problem with my 86 camaro.......yeah, i bet its the first time you heard someone say that :p

But it was carbed, so i guess it doesnt count.

89 Camaro RS 305 w/5 gears for the win ! Digital dash, power trunk, candy apple red, beige interior and t-tops. Done.

hell yea, I love that body style... have you seen the concept of I think it is the 2007 camaro? Has that same look..

yeah, my dad told me right after I posted.

it was a "Better off Dead" look 1968 Camaro RS. Black / black with an automatic, 350 all pretty standard build except the edelbrock heads, dominator carb and headers.

$5700.

Back