v-tec vs port and polish

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

get your head extrude honed works the best and one off the lowest costs

Originally posted by sohcslammer@Nov 28 2004, 03:23 PM
Thanx blanco. Whanna earn some extra cash? :)
[post=423336]Quoted post[/post]​

I ported my own b18a head, it actually wasn't that hard, and I did it with a craftsman rotary tool. I will be bench testing the head as soon as I get some time away from school to see what kind of flow improvements I made. Looks spectacular though.

Damn forgot about this post. Thanks for all the usfull info people. I had considered doing the port n polish myself. They actually sell kits for it at the auto parts. I think im gonna stick with my non vtec head for now. A clutch and flywheel kit is gonna suck some of the cash out of this project.

If you're going to do your own port/polish job, just stick to gasket matching the outer areas of the ports and polishing the outer curves of the port pathways. Don't touch the port floors. You don't want to reshape your ports unless you have a flowbench and really know what you're doing. If you remove material in the wrong places, you could easily end up making a head flow less than stock. Be careful.

Originally posted by Arachnid@Nov 23 2004, 08:08 PM
porting will hit you up on the power curve. polishing will make your head look kool.
[post=421341]Quoted post[/post]​

Port will allow more flow, polishing wont make it look cool because it's all internal to polish the informities out, which also helps flow. It's not for show. I'd go with the v-tec head for more tuning capability.

Back