V-tech head SOHC on a non-V-tech SOHC

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

i appreciate your patience with noobness but I am not that much of a noob, i know that letters and all mean and where to find them.. for example..D15b7 means I have a D-series motor 1.5L witha b7 head... but the turbo I am buying is used and it has already been tuned, but it was tuned for a vtec, part of the reason were doing the mini-me swap, other part is my friend has like a bunch of engines lying around so why not put the vtec head on it anyways that will just give it that much more power too. I am a noob at most of the stuff but I know a little more than I prob. show or is coming off in this thread.

wow. what a buster. its not just that it doesnt make sense, but if it did, it'd still be senseless. the pathetic part is that from the sound of these posts, this dude probably doesnt own a honda. hell, from the sound of his posts, i dont think "his boy" owns a honda. im not too convinced his boy with the experience of "many motor swaps D engines, B engines, and rebuilt some motors" even exists! i mean someone who builds motors/does swaps all day wouldnt under any circumstance tell someone they need a single cam "vtech" head swap to run their "vtech tuned turbo". this thread is light years past ridiculous! at least get your vocab proper before you go off e-fabricating tech threads. this site is one of the best places i can think of on the web to find valuable and true(FUCK HONDA-TECH)info on ANYTHING honda related. all u have to do is search!! so get your head out of yer newb-poser ass, buy a HONDA(or ac) and try to fuckin learn something. fuck!

sorry for ranting

fyi, no honda would willingly run a T25 flange if they really had the choice. Since you think the turbo is so specific to honda and vtec, i'd just like to let u know that the turbo most likely came off a turbo mitsubishi or dsm.

I am not that much of a noob
well i have been saying all along i am a noob

:ph34r:

fyi, no honda would willingly run a T25 flange if they really had the choice. Since you think the turbo is so specific to honda and vtec, i'd just like to let u know that the turbo most likely came off a turbo mitsubishi or dsm.

:ph34r:

yeah I know thats prob. where it came from but in a thread on here https://hondaswap.com/turbo-information/building-homemade-turbo-kit-81384/ actually suggested using a turbo like that and the reason i was gonna get this turbo kit was because of the price a limited budget is what I am working with, and I know you get what you pay for but the whole set up seemed like it would work good for my situation

not AT ALL what i meant........

it's better to piece one together yourself than buy a kit. but what your buying isnt a kit. it's just a setup someone else was using and is selling the whole setup. you can still use it. but figured u thought the turbo was vtec specific. just sayin a turbo can be used on anything.

wow. what a buster. its not just that it doesnt make sense, but if it did, it'd still be senseless. the pathetic part is that from the sound of these posts, this dude probably doesnt own a honda. hell, from the sound of his posts, i dont think "his boy" owns a honda. im not too convinced his boy with the experience of "many motor swaps D engines, B engines, and rebuilt some motors" even exists! i mean someone who builds motors/does swaps all day wouldnt under any circumstance tell someone they need a single cam "vtech" head swap to run their "vtech tuned turbo". this thread is light years past ridiculous! at least get your vocab proper before you go off e-fabricating tech threads. this site is one of the best places i can think of on the web to find valuable and true(FUCK HONDA-TECH)info on ANYTHING honda related. all u have to do is search!! so get your head out of yer newb-poser ass, buy a HONDA(or ac) and try to fuckin learn something. fuck!

sorry for ranting

yeah thanks for bringing back up my mistake which has already been corrected and I have already admitted to wrong doing and explained where I got that ino from, and the thing about him suggesting a vtec head to run the turbo was prob not what he was saying as I already cleared up before most likely I miss understood...and you think I don't own a honda and my friend doesn't exist? Believe what you want, because if that was the case I wouldn't be up here in the first place spending my time trying to learn things, and I am not 2 years old I don't make up imaginary people...and I guess my head is out of my noob posing ass because I do own a honda, not like it's a big hard thing to do, and I am trying to learn something but if you don't like what i say in my threads then don't reply, no one is forcing you to, but I am not gonna sit here and argue with you and start shit on the internet because it looks dumb and is a waste of time so sorry if my threads upset you that bad

not AT ALL what i meant........

it's better to piece one together yourself than buy a kit. but what your buying isnt a kit. it's just a setup someone else was using and is selling the whole setup. you can still use it. but figured u thought the turbo was vtec specific. just sayin a turbo can be used on anything.

yeah I know that and like I said, the price is fair...I know it used and was peiced together by someone else but I figured at least ill be getting a cast iron manifold which I am told won't crack like other cheaper ones (correct me if i am wrong) and its garret t25 turbo which was prob out of one of the cars you mentioned, and garret from what I hear is suppose to be pretty good, and even so I figured I can always get a new turbo...and it comes with everything else I need to put it on my car..but naw I wanted the vtec to increase the power, the whole thing with me thinking i needed to put the vtec head on for the kit was a mis communication between me and my friend I mis understood him

sorry for ranting

Says the man driving a DC4 and calling it a DC2...

:slap:

Says the man driving a DC4 and calling it a DC2...

:slap:

youre the first person ive ever heard that from, not to say its not true, just sayin. its a little different than "having to do a v-tech head swap to run a tuned turbo".

youre the first person ive ever heard that from, not to say its not true, just sayin. its a little different than "having to do a v-tech head swap to run a tuned turbo".

Only the GS-R coupe and Type R are technically considered DC2s. All RS/LS/GS coupes are DC4s, and then the sedans are DBs. Look at your VIN sometime, it will say "DC4".

im more focused on building reliable cars that roll the fuck out than on specifics rguarding chassis codes

Right, I understand, I was just being sarcastic...:D

Oddly enough, you can also find that information in the oft fabled Reference Section.

but theres a google toolbar at the top of my browser. its just the lazy convenience, i guess. now if there was a hondaswap search toolbar for internet explorer, that would be tight

why do people keep posting this shit??? there is no such thing as a mini me and it's impossible to put a vtec head on a non-vtec block. i swear to god this is a fake setup. there is absolutely no fucking info on the entire net about this. I call :bs:

Mini Me Swap Guide

Try that... i believe that would be proof?

Back