VAFCII help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

zman

I want to raise the VTEC crossover on my b16 with the use of my VAFCII. When i did the swap i chipped a p28 but they set the vtec crossover to 4800rpm. In my opinion that is way too low.
Now, since the ecu is chipped and i am raising the vtec crossover [V/T Cont] via the VAFC do i need to set the fuel correction at VTEC unmatch [V/T Unmt] to anything.
I figured if anything it would probably be a (-) number b/c the ecu would think vtec has crossed over at 4800rpm, while really i would change it to 5200-5500rpm, so it would be sending enough fuel vtec but really it wouldn't have crossed over yet.
If i left the [V/T Unmt] at 0% would i be running too rich and be hurting performance more than just having the ecu crossover vtec at 4800rpm?

I know its kinda stupid to have a chipped ecu and a vafc but it was a present, so i figured i could use it to lower vtec x-over.

don't want to be a dick but if i was you i will sell the p28 and the vafc and buy a p72 much better and much easier thats what i have in my hb with a b16a and it runs great

Originally posted by dok@Oct 25 2004, 12:44 PM
don't want to be a dick but if i was you i will sell the p28 and the vafc and buy a p72 much better and much easier thats what i have in my hb with a b16a and it runs great
[post=407144]Quoted post[/post]​

why would i get a p72 (gsr ecu)? I have no knock sensor (hence the chipped p28) and no IAB (secondaries, only gsr manifolds has this) so i would definately through a couple of codes. The VTEC crossover is 4400, the whole reason i posted was b/c i wanted to raise the vtec xover, that was set too low while chipping p28, to 5200-5500rpm.
Instead i could just get another chip for my p28 with the proper settings, but i got a VAFC2 for my birthday so it was free.

Back