Valve covers!!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

It wouldnt hurt to try. Well, maybe my pride, but what good is that anyway.:D

eg6sir:

How'd you get the black onto the letters? Paint brush or tape job and spray? It looks clean....sorry you don't have it anymore.

after the drive home from Chicago to Columbus I found some wheel paint in the garage. Figured I'd shoot it. This is how it turned out. I'm not disappointed. Lettering still a possibility.

So... it took me a while to find this fucking thread, so look at what I did today!!!

My freshly painted Metallical Ocean Blue, valve cover!
Crappy cell phone pics, but the results speak for themselves.

Attachments

• 0708091427-01.jpg
    0708091427-01.jpg
    249.2 KB · Views: 438
  • 0708091859-00.jpg
    0708091859-00.jpg
    203.8 KB · Views: 193
Well... it's far back just cause the intake is in the front... Unlike most Hondas up until 2000 or so, or whenever the K series motors really took off. Tomorrow I'm gonna get some better pics with a real camera. I didn't wanna do it today cuz it started getting dark once I finished replacing the valve cover gaskets and grommets and shit. I needed to do that stuff cuz the damn spark plug grommet on the far right was leaking a lil bit of oil.

looks good..ill have to upload my recent paint works

the sohc is from the ej coupe i just got rid of..gloss black with rainbow flake..
and the dohc is from my current 93 integra..its metalcast blue with the same flake over it..ill have to catch the effect in the sunlight tomorrow..
and ill probably have another up soon because im looking at trading my car for another coupe..the coupe has a red mugen cover..that ill mostlikely be doing burnt orange if i get it..with polished lettering

Attachments

• SDC10311.jpg
    SDC10311.jpg
    941.2 KB · Views: 185
  • SDC10310.jpg
    SDC10310.jpg
    977.5 KB · Views: 172
  • red cam 015.jpg
    red cam 015.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 237
  • red cam 013.jpg
    red cam 013.jpg
    934.4 KB · Views: 277
I like how the teg vc almost matches the color of the car..

yea its pretty damn close..but not quite the same..
i wanna get into paint work cuz im nasty at it but i dunno yet..

Yeh I'm pretty good at it too, but it rains too damn much down here, as I'm sure you have noticed if you ever watch the weather channel.

12.jpg

Forgot about this thread. They're somewhere under that engine cover.

well lets see. where to start. first off i apologize that some of these i only have in craptastic cell phone quality, but hey nothin i can do bout it now lol. also i wanna note that all the covers i've done i've either paint stripped, primed, and then painted. or if i had access at the time i sandblasted, primed, and then painted. it made for a more consistent good result in the end. anywhoo..

these are the two colors of d16 valve covers i did back when i had my a6/y8.

baller gold lol

0425080152a.jpg

then on another vc i did this gloss red

67418570.jpg

dsci2047.jpg

now to the ls valve covers

when i first did the swap i painted it gloss black

0606081700a.jpg

then i got bored with it and repainted it sunshine yella, as well as painting the letters black.

0623080100b.jpg

much to my g/f's dismay (she loves yellow) i stripped the vc and painted it a metalcast green color. which unfortunately due to the lack of a chrome undercoat, came out looking like crap. that was my mistake, wont let that happen again lol. so instead i found some candy apple red paint at my friends shop and went with that color. although it came out real nice and shiney, it turned out more of a pink color, and i was not particularly thrilled about that lol. here it is anyway

0801082107.jpg

somewhere along the line i picked up another vc, and painted it a gloss blue metallic. it came out real nice, and i liked the color a lot.

0625081542.jpg

if i recall.. i then stripped the candy apple/pink vc, and painted it with the duplicolor mirage 3 part paint kit. i really like how it turned out. has many different colors depending on the angle you view it.

dsc0089y.jpg

dsc0090w.jpg

Then as of like 2 weeks ago or so i got another vc from a friend (bringing grand total of ls valve covers to three lol) and decided to paint it as well. i liked the color changing paint a lot, not to mention it was expensive so i didn't want to strip that cover. and i was also fond of the blue metallic cover as well so i decided to leave it as is for now as well. so here is all 3 of them pictured together with the newest vc painted and currently installed on the engine. its rustoleum gloss paint, and the color is sail blue.

71471799.jpg

35741003.jpg

16131289.jpg

here is a pic of my dpfi cover and valve cover i painted to match on the d15b2 while it was nice and dirty. right now im in the middle of doing a d16a6 swap and converting to mpfi. then im doing a new valve cover and ill post a pic of it.

Update: i added a pic of what it used to look like under the hood.

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    505.8 KB · Views: 180
  • a18.jpg
    a18.jpg
    907.2 KB · Views: 159
Last edited:
Back