Video and pictures of the Z from today.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

what are you talking about?! the hood is sexy :)

The hood is weird, most people think its a great match and it fits the body kit's lines then theres like 3 people that hate it.

each to their own I guess.

IMO stock hood would not fit the lines of the car, the body is to aggressive, if anything I would paint the hood, but it needs to have some sort of slots in it to fit the rest of the body.

The hood is weird, most people think its a great match and it fits the body kit's lines then theres like 3 people that hate it.

each to their own I guess.

IMO stock hood would not fit the lines of the car, the body is to aggressive, if anything I would paint the hood, but it needs to have some sort of slots in it to fit the rest of the body.

well if it means anything to you i like it :) haha, actually after i saw your car i decided that i want a 350z. Like for real, i love your car.

Looks good man. Is your car actually a Fairlady Z? My buddy has an 03 that hes going to supercharge and after he does that, he wants to get the Farilady emblems on it.

Looks good man. Is your car actually a Fairlady Z? My buddy has an 03 that hes going to supercharge and after he does that, he wants to get the Farilady emblems on it.

Nope, just a badge.

Just a bit of advice to your friend, I know a good bit of people who have done super chargers, both in real life and on the Z forums, most all of them have removed, sold, and bought a turbo kit.

Super chargers are great if you're looking at lower power with very little room to upgrade.

some people are making 400-500WHP but that's pretty much the upside where most turbo kits, that's just barely pushing them, in fact my GT35 turbo is hardly being used. turbo should easily make 600+ WHP

There's nothing wrong with superchargers, theres a few people that are very happy with them, its just surprising how many people have sold them and redone their setups. Thats a lot of wasted money.

for the record I was looking at the Vortech and Pro Charger systems. in the end, so many small things had to be replaced to make either kit somewhat reliable it would have cost the same for a legit turbo kit.

Last edited:
Nope, just a badge.

Just a bit of advice to your friend, I know a good bit of people who have done super chargers, both in real life and on the Z forums, most all of them have removed, sold, and bought a turbo kit.

Super chargers are great if you're looking at lower power with very little room to upgrade.

some people are making 400-500WHP but that's pretty much the upside where most turbo kits, that's just barely pushing them, in fact my GT35 turbo is hardly being used. turbo should easily make 600+ WHP

There's nothing wrong with superchargers, theres a few people that are very happy with them, its just surprising how many people have sold them and redone their setups. Thats a lot of wasted money.

for the record I was looking at the Vortech and Pro Charger systems. in the end, so many small things had to be replaced to make either kit somewhat reliable it would have cost the same for a legit turbo kit.

Cool thanks man, I will have to let him know that. Your car is only a single turbo isn't it? What numbers is it putting down?

dyno.jpg

Uncorrected #s,

This is another guys dyno that has been corrected, hes running the same turbo kit at 6psi with only a Nismo exhuast that is pretty much just as blocked up as a stock exhaust.
6-7-200881208PM.jpg

With that being said, I really want to get on a dyno jet to see what #s I can put down, I'm hoping to see 400-430WHP keep in mind I'm running 8.5PSI vs his 6psi.

I think 420-430 should easily be doable. also my torque should also be in that range, so 400whp torque at 3000 rpm FTMFW

I definitely think so. My friends is pushing 315 to the wheels N/A. The guy who owned it before him had it tuned, and had a stage 3 clutch put in. Then he put an exhaust on it. So I definitely think you should be around 420.

I definitely think so. My friends is pushing 315 to the wheels N/A. The guy who owned it before him had it tuned, and had a stage 3 clutch put in. Then he put an exhaust on it. So I definitely think you should be around 420.

He must have some massive work done 315WHP is pretty high for N/A he have engine work done?

I honestly dont know. Whenever he bought it, the guy that owned it before him showed him the dyno sheet with the numbers on there. All that he said is that it was tuned, and had the clutch in it. So I'm not sure what is all done to it. I guess the dealer wont even tell my friend what the car has done to it. I'm going to be putting headers on it within the next 2 weeks so who knows what he will be at then. It pulls like crazy through any gear your in though. He has had it at 167 going through the blue mountain tunnels i think? and he was in 5th gear. I've had it up to 140 so I know its quick and it just keeps on pulling.

I honestly dont know. Whenever he bought it, the guy that owned it before him showed him the dyno sheet with the numbers on there. All that he said is that it was tuned, and had the clutch in it. So I'm not sure what is all done to it. I guess the dealer wont even tell my friend what the car has done to it. I'm going to be putting headers on it within the next 2 weeks so who knows what he will be at then. It pulls like crazy through any gear your in though. He has had it at 167 going through the blue mountain tunnels i think? and he was in 5th gear. I've had it up to 140 so I know its quick and it just keeps on pulling.

stock 350Z can easily hit 140mph, and yes it pulls rather nice in every gear, its all in what you're use to driving. 287 stock for the early Zs isn't too shabby.

I could never buy a Z with enough mods to make the power he's making with out knowing every last detail of the car.

To give you an idea of whats needed check out this thread.

350Z-TECH FORUMS > 300 WHP Goodness :)

Internals:

Weisco Pistons (.020 over stock)
Eagle rods
ARP rod bolts
Fully balanced and blueprinted - not only balanced as individual components, but also balanced as a rotating assembly
OE Nissan bearings
Full Ported and polished heads
5 angle valve job (stock Nissan valves)
Tomei 268 cams (268 duration, 10.5mm lift)
NISMO valvesprings
NISMO headgaskets
Lots of time spent porting stock, non rev up lower plenum -we logged over 100 hours between the heads and plenum, going off recommendations from MCR Japan, as well as things we found on our own.
Motordyne 1/4 inch spacer
Unorthodox underdriven crank pulley
New: water pump, rev up oil pump, idler pullies (OEM)

Final Compression checked in at 11.3:1

Misc Power Stuff:

Gruppe-M Carbon intake
3 inch MAF housing
Crawford headers
HKS DLI II
NGK Iridium Plugs (LFR6AIX-11_
Sun Hyper Ground
Fujitsubo Y pipe
Fujitsubo Legalis R Titanium exhaust
Resonated test pipes

This guy put down 303WHP a very respected 303.

With that being said, either your friend got a fully built Z that is making pretty much insane N/A #s, or the dyno is a high HP reader or was used wrong, either wrong weight entered or strapped down wrong, who know.

Tell your friend to do some digging, it could help save him a lot of time in the future when something breaks, due to the pretty intense build, chances are something will break before too long. It's hard to take it to get fixed when you have no clue just how many things are not stock.

I wouldn't waste your time with headers the install is a toootallll bitch, besides if hes making 315WHP there's no reason to mess up his setup, clearly the old owner has done something right.

Yeah I dont know man. He wants headers for some reason. It's his money, hes paying my other friend & me to do it, and the dude has a lift in his garage. I've seen the dyno sheet myself, it said 315 WHP...so obviously it has to be built, for what that guy had done to his to have 303 is respectable like your saying. I would love to see his car actually on a dyno, which I think were doing in the next week or so, because my friend with the lift is coming from from Kuwait saturday morning, and he just supercharged his 05 Mustang GT and he wants to see what he is at so we are taking the Z to the dyno as far as I know. I will let you know what it says when we get back if we go. Cause your right, something could of been wrong with the dyno. Ive driven a brand new 08 Z( buddy has one) and then his 03 Z and its a complete difference between the 2 obviously. But like I said I'm not real sure.

Jeffie7,
Prior to your build I didn't really know much about the potential of a Z. But now I see, good god, you have quite the monster there. Not to mention it looks awesome as well. I love Z's with some fat tires. Nice build man.

Jeffie, We are going to Supernats next weekend, and there is going to be a dyno there. so we are going to see what its putting down...My buddy with the GT & me are starting to think about what could be done to his car lol.

Edit- I showed my buddy the picture of your car, and he likes it except he thinks it would look good with the spoiler he has, and he had me searching for the hood you have on your car, cause he wants it now. I found it for him for $640. Where did you get it from? This is his car btw(sorry to steal your thread lol)
Zbig.jpg

Last edited:
Tell him to AIM dc5boosted and tell him jeffie7 sent you, he'll give you a price on a hood, I dont think it would look that good on a stock body 350Z, there's some other hoods that would look better that are less aggressive, ask dc5boosted for some pictures of Zs with random hoods he can hook you up.

As far as the spoiler, its just not my thing. there's a spoiler that is made to go with my kit.

Jpaero_front_bumper.jpg

I'm a fan of the simple lip, or if I were to do one I would do a full CF wing, something Im also not a big fan of. so I'll just leave it stock =)

Jeffie7,
Prior to your build I didn't really know much about the potential of a Z. But now I see, good god, you have quite the monster there. Not to mention it looks awesome as well. I love Z's with some fat tires. Nice build man.
My Z is a bad example of a built car, my motor is 100% stock. there's a lot of people making 600+ WHP even 800WHP+ then there's a few guys making 1200-1400WHP those cars are track cars, however there is a few 900WHP Zs that are fully street. IMO way to much power for the street, my car is border line usable. I think another 50-100WHP would be the far limits of a good street car.

Alright man will do. Also he just joined the 350Z-tech forum which I think your on. His name is JShaff there, if you are apart of that forum.

Back