vtec controller wiring

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

HATCHET_HONDA

scottie fizzle
ive been looking into getting a vtec controller for my d15b..i have no idea how to install one and i dunno if they come with instructions. also ive seen them where they say you dont have to tap into the ecu. any help would be great..thanks

if you buy the apexi vafc it will come with installation guide but u do have to do some cuting and saudering by the ecu to make it work

Last edited:
from what ive searched the apexi seems to be the best route. and i did find the install guide online although hard to read.. ever install one? is it splice a couple wires and presto...controllin vtec?

i did one long time ago but it wasnt easy and it never ran good if i was u i would gave it to a professional, save ur self from the headaches

I heard that they aen't hard t tune, but I have never used one myself. As for wiring it shouldn't be that bad. I know some people make jumper harness's so that it just comes pre-wired for the vafc.

Got one on my 95 civic ex on a JDM B18c. It was on it when I got the car....another friend of mine doesn't have one and I always stay 3 car lengths ahead....problem is it was tuned by some pros for racing...I'm a techie so I downloaded the manual....installation is easy....tuning isn't...give me a couple more days and I should have it down and i'll let you know...;)

1995 Honda Civic Ex Coupe
JDM B18c Swap type R

Suspension:
Coilovers
Front and Back Camber Kit
Neuspeed Front Upper Strut Bar
Neuspeed Rear Lower STrut Bar

Exterior:
17" ADR M-Sport Rims (Example Picture Below)
(Not the rims mounted on the Vehicle in pics)
Rear Fog Light
Wings West Mugen Style Side Skirts

Engine:
JDM B18c
DC Header
ACT Street Strip Clutch With Heavy Duty Pressure Plate
MSD Ignition Wires
Short Ram Intake
Apexi World Sport II Exhaust
Greddy Oil Catch Can
Rage Racing Cam Gears
New HeadGasket (Changed when did the swap to be safe)
New Timing Belt (Changed when did the swap to be safe)
New Water Pump (Changed when did the swap to be safe)
New Timing Belt Tensioner (Changed when did the swap to be safe)
New Fuel Filter (Changed when did the swap to be safe)
Skunk2 Vtec Solenoid Cover
Skunk2 Pro Series Intake Manifold

The VAFC's can be installed as a piggy-back on the ecu WITHOUT cutting wires... If my memory serves me right, www.boomslang.com sells the conversion harness' to install the VAFC without any cutting or wiring.

Back