vtec eliminator help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

dmills30ny

i just bought 98 prelude with h22a4 to race in our local 4cyl stock class, problem is the track is a 1/4 dirt oval and the rules say no vtec, so is there anyway i could lock it up in vtec mode all the time with a controller or do those vtec locking rockers work? i know its kinda bending the rules but hey thats whats racing is all about.

chip the ecu..run a stock map and set vtec to engage at 9k rpm...
or just disconnect the wire for it/...
why cant you run vtec if its stock in that car?

rules say no vtec or ztec or crap like that, screw it took valve cover off last night little grinding and new paint and now no more vtec logo on valve cover, im gonna run it till tech guys catch me

^there ya go..as long as there not too tech smart then you should be fine..and if they do catch just unhook it and ask them how it can work when its unplugged

yeah, a lot of people do it, all you really do is just cut the 12v wire get a toggle switch and run the wires to that, so when you flick the switch it gives it the power it needs to turn on

could i run a toggle switch to the vtec solenoid and engage it myself that way to keep it locked in?

Or just connect it through a fuse to a 12V switched line so it's always on when the car is on...

thank you guys for the info, gonna wire it up tomorrow and put the coilovers on,,,, i feel sorry for those neons and probes this year,,, wooohhahahahahahah;)

question I would have tho is I beleive it is bad for the motor to be in VTEC all the time is it not? or is it just bad for ya wallet and all the MPG ya are lossing

Read the first post... he's racing it, not daily driving it. And no, it's not bad to be in VTEC all the time if you're going to drive it in the VTEC power band all the time.

Back