vtec quit working on my b18c type r need help!!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

vpower

My 91 si hatch runs strong still...oil level is good just did oil change today...already checked speed cable and its plugged in...made sure all belts were not loose...what else can it be???need help also with which oil filter I need left the old one on the motor cuz I had purchased the wrong one...haven't drove the car but maybe 2 miles to test the vtec after the oil change but still no luck...need to replace the oil filter...have a jdm b18c with itr head...plz help...

Kewl thanx...can my vtec problem be cuz my wiring from the ecu isn't clean???should I take it to a shop and have the car re-wired???

Can it be possible that it can be one of my sensors...I got the car like 2 weeks ago and the check engine light was on but I have no clue what's wrong

has the car low vtec power r is there no vtec at all it can only be something small i may have the ans but need 2 know first

in order for the ECU to engauge VTEC the following has to ready ECT has to be @ operating temp. no knock frm knock sensor. oil level has to be perfect. oil psi sensor must read a certain psi frm 3000rpm and up. TPS must be @ 75-100%(4.2-5.0V) throttle basically WOT

U got i wired wrong thats the problem. Also if your using a usdm ecu it will ask u for vtec oil pressure sensor and jdms dont hAve one so u need to bypass it

Hi I have a 90 Acura Integra with a b18c1. My vtec was working fine it. Now I am having issues, it wont engage. I have checked my oil and the oil is fine. What should I look into next?

brother i just signed up to this forum yer i love my honda's the problems with your car 2 things either one your V=-tec soilinoide is stuffed need a new one or two wires detached.

Back