want to ditch the blue box.....

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Sep 16 2003, 07:25 PM
or, if you don't want to deal with the resistor box, get some saturated injectors.

talk to me brian....

whats the deal with "saturated injectors"

pros cons?

so all i would need then is the afc (imo, no need to mess with vtec @ this point..)
and "saturated" injectors?

as in, plug and play pretty much injectors? or are there some modifications that must be made to engine/injectors for them to work properly?

honda uses saturated injectors from 92+ in their civics. Peak/hold are dsm, older civics, etc.... and require a resistor box to work with a newer ecu.

RC eng can make saturated 440s, as well as peak/hold.

I use the Vortech fmu and haven't had a problem yet with over 76000 km since the turbo install. My mechanic prefers this over the blue box due to programming issues/reliability. Sure the Vorthec fmu is unrefined, but the 12:1 runs nice and rich during boost. This helps with the prevention of detonation thereby increasing the life of your engine. Also, it is only functioning during boost. I still achieve between 600-650km/tank of 93 octane gas on a 45 liter/11 gallon tank. If you want something that has adjustments look in to the Super fmu offered by Vortech. There just happens to be on Ebay, but the guy only has the 6:1 discs.

Back