Warning

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I'm sorry, Putzi Fly. Myiasic Tumbu fly. Myiasis is wherein a maggot burrows under the skin.

Usually, they are as mistaken for white head-zits. These, obviously, are matured and neglected.

They have subcutaceous myiasis (Which you see here) but they also have Mucous (So they burrow deep in your body, organs and tracheia) and I've seen... SEEN Ocular Myiasis. That's fuckin gross.

It's not unheard of in Africa. It's called a "Sleeping illness" (from tonight's research on it) although I don't know why.

The tsetse fly and Tumbu fly (It's been a while since my insect disease pathology classes, forgive me) aren't interested in feeding from you, necessarily. The TseTse fly gives birth to one maggot. Which is nice. That one maggot matures inside the tsetse fly, and when it's ready to be released, the tsetse fly will inject your skin with a nerveagent (you won't feel a thing) and it will dig out a spot for the maggot, and drop it in. The Maggot eats you from the inside. tse tse is relatively painless.

Tumbu fly will, like a stinger, inject it's larvae into your skin, and the maggots mature inside of you. They stay in the body until they get about 2 mm long, and then go for the surface to leave you. It's there they will simply fall onto the ground (In an animal) or in a person, you'll pop em out like zits. This pictures is obviously an extreme case, and quite frankly I can't see how you could go so long without treatment of one sort or another.

The birthing area of your skin is usually about 3-6 cm's wide, and about that deep. Whereas TseTse flies eat your flesh, and chemically burn it to not grow back, the others will simply eat around and fall out - and you'll heal. I don't know about this woman healing though.

bah, fuck it. its one person... out of HOW many people that east sushi?

i've been eating it for like 3 years and i've never had a problem.

its just all about getting it from a place you know and trust. there are some sushi bars i won't even go in.

and shit, you're in colorado... so you're a day+ for shipping the fish... mine comes in from nyc every day :)

even though that breast one is chop, its still fucking gross. and that brain, OMFG!!! What the HELL!??!?! Did he survive?? man, do i regret not reading the posts and jumping to the pictures. :ph34r: :imgone: :puke2:

i saw on TLC this guy had the problem with the flies. he thought they were zits but they started moving and it was difficult to get out. so he just went and sat in a pool for like 4 hours and drowned all the worms. i forgot what he did about his head because he had some on the scalp....

i also took a zoology class and there are some scary ass parasites. like hook worms. if u walk through fields with cow patties barefoot (stupid ass hell) the borrow through ur toes, the spaces between them, and enter through there.... just scary stuff.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Sep 21 2005, 09:40 PM
bah, fuck it.  its one person...  out of HOW many people that east sushi?

i've been eating it for like 3 years and i've never had a problem.

its just all about getting it from a place you know and trust.  there are some sushi bars i won't even go in.

and shit, you're in colorado...  so you're a day+ for shipping the fish...  mine comes in from nyc every day :)
[post=558154]Quoted post[/post]​

:lol: true but we do have some killer sushi bars :thumbsup:
I would love to have fresh fish, but take what I can can get

not to sound like a noob, but a 'chop' means it's fake?

all those pictures are gross, and if it's fake, some one is too sick for their own good to make those fake.

"chop" = photochop. When an image is fabricated in photoshop or another image editing program, often using elements from multiple image files.

Back