watch out autoX.... here i come

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

how much for the rear brake setup?...oh B what are we going to do with ya!

Originally posted by CiViC_SOHC+Aug 8 2005, 02:57 PM-->
how much for the rims and tires :p
[post=537445]Quoted post[/post]​

which ones? the 16x7 volks w/ azenis, or the 15x7 a-tech w/ the a048's

hybrid89
@Aug 8 2005, 03:10 PM
how much for the rear brake setup?...oh B what are we going to do with ya!
[post=537452]Quoted post[/post]​

i don't know...

i'm still nto sure i'm going to do anything just yet... don't get your hopes up. lol

7.5 k ? Where am teh crack ?

There is an unmolested (Well, underhood anyway) EK hatch here with 50k miles on it, garaged for the past 5 years and complete with classy reupholstering, a show-quality tangerine paint and lots of JDM details for $6000 and he's worried he won't get it.

->Steve

which is why i was going to part it.

i got 1500 in brakes
1000 in suspension
3000 in wheels/tires
3000 in motor swap
500 in exhaust

take a little off for them being used...

if the car is running...just go and get it smogged...find out where your levels are..and then adjust a few things to get it to pass...

They passed the civic on the first time...and I was chocking on the fumes outside of the garage when they were running it...so the system is still rigged a little...

Some of the cars I've gotten to pass are amazing, but Clayton is right. No sense in getting bent out of shape because it won't pass emissions.

[Lewis Black]"We have tools, we have mechanics, we have a forum - FIX IT !" [/Lewis Black]

-> Steve

yea, you'll actually pass emissions since you have a cat and stock looking exhaust. Fix the line problem (if you have some oem ones, throw those on) then drive there. Hell, have a freind trailor it to the parking lot and then just drive the 10 ft from the trailor to the garage door and just use your ebrake to stop

Ya know what b... This smiley fits you... :buyanm: That way you can just buy all Dinan and AC Schnitzer parts... that you KNOW will fit, and you WONT have ANY chances of ANY problems with them...

Also remember... Your not working on a brand new car... Your working on 10 year old cars that other people have owned and worked on before you...

And part it out... You wont be able to get 7500 for the hatch... too much cancer IMO..

Originally posted by Airjockie+Aug 8 2005, 06:17 PM-->
if the car is running...just go and get it smogged...find out where your levels are..and then adjust a few things to get it to pass...

They passed the civic on the first time...and I was chocking on the fumes outside of the garage when they were running it...so the system is still rigged a little...
[post=537578]Quoted post[/post]​

im not worried about it passing... but right now, it has no brakes- so its not drivable.

ScrapinSi
@Aug 8 2005, 08:08 PM
Ya know what b... This smiley fits you... :buyanm: That way you can just buy all Dinan and AC Schnitzer parts... that you KNOW will fit, and you WONT have ANY chances of ANY problems with them...

lol. i hear ya...

Also remember... Your not working on a brand new car... Your working on 10 year old cars that other people have owned and worked on before you...

its funny.. all the honda shit works fine. but the brand new aftermarket shit is crap.

And part it out... You wont be able to get 7500 for the hatch... too much cancer IMO..
[post=537621]Quoted post[/post]​

yeah, i know... i'd be lucky to get 4-5 for it.. the shell is crap to say the least. lol

but theres some big dollar parts on it... who knows.
i'm letting it sit for the week... see if i change my mind.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Aug 8 2005, 03:38 PM
which is why i was going to part it.

i got 1500 in brakes
1000 in suspension
3000 in wheels/tires
3000 in motor swap
500 in exhaust

take a little off for them being used...
[post=537520]Quoted post[/post]​

How hard would it be to modify your exhaust to fit a coupe? You would have to ship it to vegas though.

Who says I would do it? I'm talking about a muffler shop, but oh well. It could be worse, the car could have caught fire, or maybe you could've rolled it. :p

dumb question about the brakes B. Is the leak on the caliper side, or the hardline side? And did you use washers?

neither. its on the goodridge line... where the hose part conencts to the 45* angle fitting.

i may just end up making my own with earls fittings and lines...

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Aug 9 2005, 10:41 AM
neither. its on the goodridge line... where the hose part conencts to the 45* angle fitting.

i may just end up making my own with earls fittings and lines...
[post=537802]Quoted post[/post]​

Huh? that makes NO sense... :huh:

Back