weight lifting what di i need to do

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

that is correct.

to get the 'look', its all in cutting the fat from your body. the muscle will still be the same shape for the most part.

ok B...im not diagreeing with you that the right diet HELPS to get you toned...and i didnt disagree with totalburnout on this either...but what about someone who is huge with not much muscle and 90% fat...im just saying for instance not that this would happen...lol...if they want their body to look right faster...then they need to workout as well...and when you lift weights the muscle that you add on helps burn the fat...and to get that muscle burning more...its less weight with more reps...so...we are all correct...it all intertwines...you take both hand in hand...workout right and eat right...

im not going on research...im going on what ive seen with my own eyes...the people i see in the weightroom...hell they even tell me if i wanna get cut to do more reps cuz that is what they did...and i pass that information on to those who ask why they are getting so big but they arent getting the definition in their muscles...and seeing them after they have changed their workout for a lil while...it shows...it works for me too...i wouldnt give that advice if it didnt work for me...but i guess everyone is built differently

but this is just what to do inside the weightroom...everything comes full circle...the weightroom...eating right...cardio...etc....so i dunno...maybe there are other factors that come into play...

see my arms are the same size as yours but you look totaly cut compared to me

...and I'm 6inches shorter and my arms are an inch smaller, yet look completely different. Its all in the body structure and body fat percentage.

What B has said, in line with what I said earlier is 100% true.

You can look "toned", sure there's a word for it and the whole nine yards, but you can't "tone" through a specific rep range. This is what I was trying to convey.

Do 1000 situps, its not going to make your abs rip out of your stomach. Do 20sit ups or no situps for sake or argument, and diet - watch your abs get ripped or toned.

I'm not an imbecile, I understand what you guys meant by toning but the means of accomplishing a low bodyfat is not through a specific rep range - this is where you guys were completely off base yet continued to flame me.

Here's a prime time example.
RateSecret.aspx

Pudzianowski is a strongman, you know the guys that train to lift 800lb racks for squatting for one rep or pick up a huge boulder and move it.

.:: strong man, strongman, strong men, strongmen, strong-men, ecss, bazelak, Kamil Bazelak, szymiec, piotr szymiec, szymiec piotr, strongman polska, warka strongman, kulturystyka, zawody strongman, dominator, pudzian, pudzianowski, mariusz pudzianows

He looks awful ripped or toned, now doesn't he? Compare him with a bodybuilder who has a strict diet and they look similiar, compae him with other strongmen and they look like Paul Tuttles or just big lard asses.

Toning is a function of diet, I even provided you with links to illustrate this point. If you're going to call me ignorant, then don't be guilty of ignorance yourself.

well this is what im gona do i think im gona start drinking lot of water, and for the first mouth or 2 im gona walk/run 6 miles a week, then im gona start liffting weights, after the 2 mounth,and im just gona eat normal but not put as much on my plate.

I weigh 135 lbs, 5'7". My muscle has a lot of density (always has). I can lift more than someone with my appearing physique normally can.

But the key here is that I'm not a goddam pussy. Most people my size tend to sit things out and claim that they can't. Here is my secret for staying fit:

No pot.
No video games.
I am CONSTANTLY doing something. If not for me, than for someone else. I never sit idle.
I have a good self-image.

Just try cutting out your idle time and see what happens to your stamina and endurance in your everyday activity.
I'm sure this is the key to your success there, Magnus.

Back